9. Susie

Alia started to rise upwards, she cried out and I reached out to her, frantically trying to hold onto her. Then she was flung onto a tree and I saw her grab onto a branch before she fell. She climbed onto the branch and I saw the horror in her eyes.

  I turned towards the voice, there stood Lauren, still with that horrible dressing pin. Then she opened her mouth to speak, instead of her usual high girly voice, there was a scary metallic and shadowy voice. 

  "That girl is never going near you again," I guessed Riley didn't possess her whole, since she still had feelings for me. "Now, where were we?" The sly grin appeared on her face. I backed up, to the trunk where Riley threw Alia.

  Lauren reached for her right pocket, where the blue pin still glowed. I couldn't let her just kill me like this, after Ian died to save me. I started to climb the tree, I heard Riley laugh when I grazed my knee and specks of blood appeared. I continued to move up the tree, feeling the rough bark scratching against my legs. 

  Alia looked down, I saw blood where the twigs and leaves scratched her as she held on tight to the branch. I reached the first branch and hauled myself onto it, I saw Riley step pass the park bench, slowly closing the distance between them. 

  I continued to climb, I kept my eyes on Alia, she reached out and there was tears in her eyes. That urged me to climb faster, she didn't need to be a part of this. If I had to die, she didn't, I would bring her back to Izzy after all of this was over. 

  I was halfway up the tree when Lauren reached the bottom, she looked up at me and smiled. I glanced at her then kept climbing. She lifted her hand and a blue flame ignited there, she gave me another smile and placed her palm on the tree. Then the smelt of burnt wood traveled up the tree. 

  In a split second, a figure darted out of the trees and Riley yelled out. Then I saw blood drip onto the wet grass, Riley slumped to the ground, coughing. In front of her was a woman, she couldn't be no more than 20. 

  She looked up at me and smiled, dimples showing. Then Riley bared her teeth and with a blinding blue light, he disappeared. 

  "You can come done now, she's gone," With a flash, she was beside Alia, then with another she was back on the ground. She sat Alia down on the bench, she was shaking and she was staring into blank space.

  "Call me Susie, I know who you are, I come from Amina. Your parents sent me here." Susie said as she wiped the blood from her arrow. 

  She had long blonde hair, tied in a high ponytail. A few freckles around her nose, her sky blue eyes shone in the sun. A huge hunter bow hung from her shoulder, her arrows were nicely crafted, with the feathers all cut and neat. 

  "My parents?" I couldn't believe it, someone that knew my parents. 

  "Why don't we talk this over tea?" Her bow and arrows disappeared and she looked like a girl, not a warrior with real weapons. She helped Alia up and I gave Alia a comforting smile, she returned it.