12. Amina Weapons

Izzy was fast asleep, it was past 1 in the morning. Me and Alia stayed in the living room, I was lost in thought, after I locked every window and door in the house, I contacted Susie. The doorbell rang and I stood up to get it, Susie was at the door, with a black hoodie over her head.

She past me without talking and I looked around outside before I closed and locked the door. Susie was sitting on the sofa when I walked in. She took off her hoodie, her blonde hair was tied in a messy bun. I sat down opposite then and there was a pause before Susie started to talk.

  "Now he knows I'm here on Earth, he would no doubt be on the lookout for me too. But he wants to get rid of you first, because he promised Lauren that she would have her revenge. Riley would stop at nothing to kill you, that could mean killing anyone that stood in his path." Susie said.

  "Riley said something about Finlay?" I asked.

"Yes, I forgot to tell you about this part of the story. Well, when he ran away from the house. Molly ran away with him, they found a quiet and faraway town. They settled down and they had two kids, Dad and Uncle Donavan. They were only 2 when Riley found them. Instead Riley decided to go for Molly, knowing that Finlay loved her, he used that to his advantage.

"Riley snuck up on her when she was sleeping, and pierced her heart. Finlay found her lying in blood soaked sheets in the morning. He knew that Riley had found them and it was too late to run. So when the usual merchants past through the town, Finlay put Dad and Uncle Donavan at the back and he tried to stop Riley by himself." Susie finished, I looked into space, thoughts swimming through my mind.

  "I brought some things with me today," Susie said as her hunter bow appeared, she placed it onto her lap and gave us a mischievous smile. "A rusty old crowbar isn't going to kill Riley, you need real Amina weapons." I gave Susie an uncertain look and she smiled back. She waved her hand and there were two weapons on the table. 

  The smaller one was an unique crafted dagger, the blade was made of sterling silver and the point sharpened. The dagger's handle was wooden, polished and carved, small gems embedded in the wood. 

The weapon beside the dagger was a long spear, equally uniquely crafted. The diamond shaped top was sharpened on all sides. The wooden stick around 5 foot long, with gems embedded on the wood too. 

  Alia reached for the dagger, gripping onto the handle and looking at the carvings. I looked at the spear and reached for it. Once I closed my grip on the stick, I felt energy travel up my arm, this wasn't a normal weapon crafted on Earth. I looked at Susie, she gave me the same smile, this time I returned it.