3. Blue Fire

"Hello Lauren, I've been waiting for you." Lauren looked up and saw a beautiful blue glow. Her eyes adjusted to the light and she saw the outline of a sword.

  "My name is Rillien, but I take the human name, Riley. I am a intelligent sword with a brain of its own. I was crafted by a legendary sword master and I was set to one mission. I know you're sad and angry at him. Thomas Kenny. The boy who broke your heart. But you can make him pay, make him regret ever walking away.

  "All you have to do is get up close enough to stab me in him, where I'll do the rest. I'll help you by talking a different form." The outline of the sword slowly started to shrink and the blue glow died into a soft glimmer. All there was left of the sword was a normal dressing pin.

  Lauren picked it up and then felt a piercing pain shoot up her arm. She dropped the pin and the pin appeared in her pocket. Then there was a bright light and Lauren felt herself fall to the pavement and everything went dark.

__________

I waited for Alia by the vending machines, I was 10 minutes early. We've been seeing each other outside of Mrs Bateman's house. I checked the time, 11:28. 2 more minutes. I took a deep breath and ran a few fingers through my hair.

Then I saw her, running past the cafe tables and waving frantically at me. She was wearing a long wavy dress, with high heels. Her hair was let out past her shoulders.

  "I'm so sorry I'm late! The bus was caught in traffic!" Alia said through puffs. I smiled at her and held out my hand. "It's fine, you're actually on time, I'm just early. Shall we go in?"

  We went in line for the popcorn and tickets. Alia was smiling the whole time, I felt myself go red. I pocketed the tickets and Alia held onto the bucket of popcorn, then I froze.  Lauren stood there, with her head down and a malicious grin spread across her face. 

  "Who's this? Found a replacement for me already?" Lauren said as she lifted her head and her eyes sent a chill down my spine. I held Alia's arm and pushed her behind me. 

  "What do you want?" I said through gritted teeth. Then I saw the faint blue glow in her right pocket and my eyes widened. 

  "So, you've noticed me," Lauren's voice seemed to change, into something more metallic and deep. I felt Alia shake behind me and I gave her hand a squeeze and gave her a gentle smile, she smiled back and the shaking stopped. 

  "Stay away from my boyfriend!" Lauren roared and Alia's fingers teared away and she got blasted backwards, against the wall. People screamed and they ran for the exit, Lauren cackled with the same spine-chilling metallic voice. 

  "Call me Riley, as humans would say, nice to meet you," Lauren took a step forward and she began reaching in her pocket, I took a step backwards, looking back and seeing the unconscious Alia. My heartbeat raced and Lauren smiled, not the genuine one but a smile full of venom. 

  "She was easy to use, with all the anger and hatred burning inside her. The hatred created by you. Without your daddy here, not so strong now are you!" Riley roared and the glass shook, "But that stupid mortal left me scarred, I can't touch you, neither harm you in any physical way. This is where this poor human soul comes in, she can hurt you and I would have to tear you apart from the inside!

  "My creator created me for one sole objective, to finish off the Lorale bloodline!" Lauren's right pocked started lighting up, with blue fire. She still stood there, still with the crazy smile on her face. 

  I started backing up and ran towards Alia, I picked her up with ease and ran out of the cinemas. I wanted to be back home, the comfort of knowing there's still tomorrow. I ran, careful not to hurt Alia. I unlocked my front door and locked it behind me, I secured every window and door, pulled the curtains and finally set myself in the living room. I laid Alia on the couch and she seemed to be asleep. I pulled out my phone and quickly punched in Mum's number with shaky hands.

  "Dear? What's wrong?"

  "Mum! You have to come home now! There was this Riley guy, he seemed to be possessing Lauren. And she had a blue pin and..."

  The line went quiet and his Mum said calmly, "I'll be there in 2. Secure the windows and doors, don't let anyone in." Then she hung up. I sat down, opposite of Alia. She looked at peace, her long brown hair spread across the couch. She was pretty, even without trying. 

  Then I heard the door unlock and ran into the hallway, there stood my mum. She dropped her bag and rushed to me. "Are you hurt? What happened?" I shook my head and led her into the living room. She knelt by Alia and checked her pulse, she breathed out and said, "She's fine, she just needs some rest."

  Mum sat down and I sat down beside her, "What happened?"