Ch. 8 - Sweet

"I- I'll be going now," Ladybug stuttered after clearing her throat. As she reached behind her for her clothing bag, her eyes lingered a little too long on the forest-eyed boy.
His cheeks flushed, thinking that he had made the polka-dotted girl uncomfortable, mentally kicking himself for being so forward about his feelings.
"Ye... Yeah," Chat responded dumbly, reaching out for her bag. They both picked it up at the same time, a classic love-story cliché that Chat already knew was too overused to cause any sort of newly-developed feelings inside the girl's mind.
It was at that moment that Chat knew he had to act, and fast.
"Can I... kiss you?" Chat whispered, barely audible to Ladybug.
The girl, who was suddenly slapped with something so stupidly charming instead of a lame, demeaning pick up line, said nothing.
Chat stared, and nodded in disappointment.
"I understand. Maybe with more time I could get some love from somebody." He mumbled between breaths and let go of Ladybug's clothing bag.
The sapphire-eyed heroine watched him leave, adjusting her heavy bag on her shoulder, her feet sore and her heart torn between liking the sweet Chat and the perfect Adrien.
Maybe it could just be that the sweet Chat reminded him of another certain blonde, emerald-eyed boy?