Ch. 11 - Meanwhile

Adrien stormed upstairs, pushing his father out of the way with his hand. His father scoffed and stared at the blonde in pure shock as his jaw dropped.
"Goodnight, father." Adrien said bitterly, even though the words that truly wanted to leave his mouth were goodbye.
Would he leave now or be a little more subtle and escape as the velvety fingers of twilight caressed Paris? It would only be a few moments.
He needed to forget Adrien. Take his money, take his looks, but forget about his family. Oh, how he would miss the long-lashed girl with wavy hair the color of the deepness of the ocean, and eyes to match. Marinette, he sighed.
He hesitated and rethought his plan. Would it really be a good idea to leave home? Where would he go? Where could he hide from the press? Would he really be able to escape the grasp of his overly-powerful and money-hungry father?
Shaking, the boy started packing what he thought was needed.
As he was frantically stuffing clothing into his ballet/gym bag –which contained Chat Noir's breakdancing costume– Nathalie knocked on the door, then opened it to assert authority.
"Mr. Agreste forbids you from leaving the house." She said, coldly, her expression unreadable. "If you try to, we will be forced to use the security measures."
Adrien frowned, looking helpless. He knew he wouldn't be able to escape successfully, but you know who can? Chat.
And so, he changed into his Chat clothes just so he could move freely and carefully opened the big, shiny window that showed the whole city of Paris how huge his room was. The hinges didn't creak, they were too well taken care of to do so.
His bag on his shoulder, he jumped down gracefully, landing swiftly on his feet. Adrien wasn't clumsy, but Chat was too swift on his feet to not be used now. Chat made the world seem like smoke and he was just passing through it.
The ruddy boy with hair like gold jumped from roof to roof admiring the view. Yellow streetlights illuminated the city, seemingly floating, and the velvety, vibrant sky made Paris closely resemble Starry Night, the Van Gogh painting.
Chat was shaking from the cold. He decided doing exercise would help, so he jumped back and forth from high to low ceilings.
He wondered what Ladybug was doing at the moment. Could he really have caused enough impact to rattle her brain with thoughts of him? He sure hoped so.