Ch. 14 - Beautiful stranger

After a talk with her parents, Marinette tried to explain as best as she could why she had left a stranger into their house  -"A beautiful stranger,"  commented Mrs. Cheng, "but a stranger nonetheless" -  Chat slept in the spare bedroom next to Marinette's room.
He slept soundly and silently, in strange positions due to the unfamiliarness of the non-luxury bed. He would have to adjust to a less high-quality lifestyle if he was going to live as Chat.
The next morning, the pretend strangers greeted each other with a smile and a sleepy "Morning,"
As Chat sat on the breakfast bar, he was mildly perplexed at the fact that Marinette didn't also sit down. She was... helping? In the kitchen?
"Wh.. What are you doing?" He had no self control when he was half-asleep, and, as the words traveled through his brain, they spilled out of his mouth, slurred but understandable.
"I'm... helping?" The girl said with a huff and a chuckle. "Don't you help at home, too?"
"Uh... No- Not really, uh..." The cat laughed nervously, trying to not make it obvious. "I, uh, my fath- parents are never home, so I- Uh, get food prepared for me."
"Oh!" Marinette's mom exclaimed. "You go out to eat in the mornings on your way to school? That must be nice!" She smiled, and looked over at Marinette.
"Do you go to that crêpe place down the street from the school?" She asked. "Oh, sorry, I didn't ask what school you went to."
"It's fine, don't worry about it." The boy tried to shift away from the topic, before suddenly remembering  about his painted-on mask. Was it still here? Did he look like Adrien now? Did Marinette notice?
He lifted his hand up, and, as he looked on, his fingers were stained with black. He sighed in relief.
"Oh, honey, you were too tired yesterday for us to make you take that off. Why don't you go wash your face now?" Mrs. Cheng said as she readied breakfast.
"Oh, uh... I'd- I- Sure..." He gave up when he felt the whole familie's eyes fall onto him, specially Mari. Had she noticed? Oh, saints, had she noticed?
He waddled over to the cerulean-haired girl's room, grabbing his bag along the way before heading into the bathroom. He checked for the height from the window down to the pavement. He could make it, right? If he landed right...