Mr Duchamp is back: Teddy imagine pt. 3

I run into the hospital and find his mum outside his room sobbing and saying "I thought he was better" over and over again. I run into Teddy's room without even asking permission although I wish someone had have stopped me. His arm is in a cast, his face is pale but he's covered in bruises from head to toe. I go to the side where his arm isn't broken and hold his hand. His hands feels like ice but as I gently brush his hair from his face I feel that his head is burning up. He stirs a little before going still, the only movement is his chest slowly and unsteadily moving up and down. Then all of a sudden he screams out in pain and I quickly run to call a nurse. Several nurses and doctors come in and push me out of the room. My legs feel like jelly and I collapse on the floor in a fit of sobs. I feel someone's arm around me and I realise that it's Chris. He shushes me and whispers sweet nothings in my ear until I have finally calmed down a bit and my sobs turn into small whimpers. We sit like this for about 20 minutes before a doctor comes out. "Family of Teddy Duchamp?" He asks with a deep and expressionless voice. We all stand up and the doctor begins to speak "he's awake but he's in a lot of pain and has an extremely high fever. I suggest that someone should go sit with him to try and comfort him." The doctor takes a long pause before saying "he's dying." Mrs Duchamp burst into tears again and even Chris starts crying. I decide to do the most selfish thing I've ever done in my life "I'll go in with him." I say and the doctor leads me back into Teddy's room. I feel bad for not giving his mother or Chris a chance to be with him but I couldn't imagine not being there when he dies. "He only has an hour at the most. His fever is continuously going up and we can't stop it let alone get it down." The doctor says before leaving the room. "Hey beautiful" Teddy says in a raspy almost inaudible voice. "Hi" I say trying to hold back tears but failing. "Hey hey hey, it's gonna be alright. I think that after all the train doges and all of the heart attacks I've brought you and the boys that it's my time to go." He says with a weak smile on his face. "But I don't want you to go" I cry. Teddy opens up his free arm to me and I run into it and sob into his chest. We spend the next hour in each other's arms until his heart monitor machine starts to beep "I love you y/n." "I love you too Teddy." Then the machine flatlines.

~Two weeks later~

Toady is Teddy's funeral. I haven't left the house since the day he died and have barely eaten anything. I put on my black dress that my mum had bought for me and curl my hair because Teddy always liked it like that. I then put on a little bit of mascara and blush and put my black high heels on. As I arrive at the funeral I straight away take my seat in between Vern and Chris. Gordie didn't come because he's still a little uncomfortable at funerals after what happened to his brother but Chris said that he sends his condolences to me. The funeral service seems to go on for hours and I tune pretty much the whole thing out until it comes to the part when they put his coffin in the ground. I lean my head on Chris' shoulder and cry. Once the funeral is over everyone goes over to Teddy's mums place for drinks and snacks but I choose to stay behind for a while. After hugging the boys goodbye and giving my condolences to Mrs Duchamp I take a seat in front of Teddy's grave. I read the writing engraved on it out loud to myself "Teddy Duchamp 1947- (a/n I looked this up online. I don't know if it's actually right. I'm sorry if it's not)1961. Beloved son, friend and boyfriend to y/n. He will forever be missed." I cry as I stare at the piece of stone engraved with my boyfriends name in front of me. "I miss you so much" I whisper before kissing the top of the grave and walking back to his mums house.

Hey guys. Sorry for such a sad ending but I didn't know how to end it. So it took me a very long time but the 'Mr Duchamp is back' imagine finally got finished. I'm sorry that Mr Duchamp didn't actually make an appearance. Thank you all so much for being such awesome readers. In 1 night this book got over 20+ reads which I know may seem like not much but to me that's a lot. Remember to send me ideas and requests and I will definitely write them. I'm also thinking of doing ones of when the boys get older and get married and have kids ect. What do you guys think? Please let me know because your opinions and ideas are important cause they let me know what you all want to read so tell me what you think of that and who you want the next imagine to be about. Thank you all so much for everything! You're all the best and I hope you have an amazing day/night! -Georgia