Episode Eight

"Let's buy some green and purple spray paint." Jason suggested as they walked into the store.

"Why?" Dick and Dami asked in unison.

"So we can vandalize some place and blame it on the Joker." Jason replied with an evil grin.

"Oh, okay. Let's get some." Dick agreed, not really thinking about it.
Seeing his oldest brother was in one of his 'don't care' moods, Damian was quick to take advantage of it.

"I'm going to get some Twinkies." Damian announced, walking away.

"Okay." Dick replied, looking around the store.
A few of the customers snapped pictures and pointed. The boys were used to it and simply ignored them.
Timothy didn't think Damian should be alone, so he followed him at a more leisurely pace. Upon arriving at the bread aisle, Damian began scooping up all the boxes of Twinkies, except the strawberry flavored ones. The last time he tried those he burned them, along with Tim's beloved strawberry milk. As he grabbed the last box he saw moon pies. He loved moon pies almost as much as Jason did. Balancing ten boxes of Twinkies in one hand Damian began stacking the moon pie boxes on his head. Timothy watched in amusement as his little brother walked towards him with ten boxes stacked atop his head along with the additional ten in his hand. Damian caught sight of Tim smirking at him and frowned deeply.

"Don't just stand there, give me a hand!" He exclaimed in a vexed tone.

"Only if you split everything fifty/fifty." Tim said.

"Fine." Damian agreed reluctantly.
Timothy took five boxes of each treat with a delighted smile.
Across the store Dick and Jason were selecting which spray paint to buy.

"Semi-gloss or matte?" Dick asked Jason.

"Let's go with semi-gloss." Jason replied.

"Oooh! What about glow in the dark?" Dick said glancing at Jason.

"Awesome. Get that." Jason said as he played with a paintbrush.
Dick grabbed the glow in the dark spray paint and plucked the paintbrush from his brother's hands.

"Hey!" Jason exclaimed.

"Quit abusing innocent paintbrushes." Dick said, flicking Jason's nose with it.
Jason wrinkled his nose and rubbed it vigorously as Dick returned the brush to its rack.

"Let's get a ton of candy and soda." Dick said randomly as they walked through the store.

"And glow sticks?" Jason asked hopefully, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, sure. You go find them and I'll go find the candy." Dick replied.
Jason grabbed his spray paint from his brother and went to find glow sticks.
Dick somersaulted and cartwheeled his way to the candy aisle.

"Can the young man in aisle six stop doing cartwheels?" A very bored man's voice crackled over the P.A. system.
Dick turned to the nearest camera and promptly did a backflip.

"Sir, I will call security." The man said in a monotone voice.
Dick ignored him as he began grabbing candy and soda pop. Not long after Jason came running down the aisle with a cart, nearly hitting Dick with it.

"Candy, candy in my tummy." Jason sang quietly as he helped his brother put the bags and boxes in the cart. Timothy and Damian with their loot came waltzing down the aisle as they put the last bottle of pop in the cart. Damian kept a tight grip on his boxes, eyeing Jason darkly. Jason paused as he was putting a coke bottle in the cart, sensing a ravenous creature close by. He glanced up and saw his littlest brother giving him a death glare. Frowning, Jason shook his head as he went about his business.

"Alrighty. I think that's everything." Dick said, clapping his hands together.

"Did you get Twizzlers?" Tim asked.

"And Hershey's Kisses?" Damian asked.

"Yes and yes." Dick said, pushing the cart away.

"I want jerky!" Jason pipped up.

"No, junk food only, Jay." Dick replied.

"But I want jerky, you jerk." Jason whined.

"I would be a terrible big brother if I let you eat jerky." Dick said.

"You're older than me?" Jason asked, scrunching up his face.

"Yeah. I was born three years before you." Dick said, giving Jason a weird look.

"Huh." Jason grunted as he shrugged his shoulders.

"So wait. Jason's nineteen?" Timothy asked suddenly.

"Oh my gosh. Are you serious?" Dick exclaimed. "Okay. I'm twenty-one, Jason's nineteen, you're fifteen, and Damian is eleven. I can't believe you didn't know that."

"I'm too awesome to remember all that." Tim said, rolling his eyes.

"I think your cowl is squeezing your head too much." Jason joked.

"Says you bucket head." Tim shot back.

"Twirp." Jason retorted.

"Alright. Shut up and help me with the self check out thingy. The machines have it out for me." Dick said loudly as he pushed the cart towards the self check out cubical.
After scanning, sacking, resacking, and more scanning the boy's finally got everything back in their cart neatly bagged. Until they got outside and Damian began rummaging through the sacks in search of his moon pies. Then Jason wanted his glowsticks and Tim wanted his Twinkies. Dick finally had enough and slapped their hands away before pushing the cart away. He kept one foot on the rack below as he propelled himself with the other towards the Batmobile. Risking a glance back, Dick saw his brothers running pell-mell after him. They looked ridiculous. Jason was pumping his arms as fast as his legs with an comically serious expression. Tim had his head back as he did a marching run; Dick wasn't really sure how he could do that and maintain a good speed. He was gritting his teeth as he tried hard to catch up. His black cape whipping wildly behind him kept smacking Damian in the face. The latter was running like Beast Boy with a wicked look on his face.
Laughing, Dick turned back around in time to see his dad. And run into his dad. The cart nearly turned over with Dick as it rolled across Batman. Dick stoppd the cart after they were off Batman and glanced down at his dad.

"Oooooooooh!" Damian exclaimed as he stopped next to Batman.

"Duuuuuuude." Jason said slowly, looking at Dick.

"Your sooooo deeeead." Tim whispered.

"Yeah. There's only one thing left to do." Dick said gravely. He glanced at his brothers, meeting their gazes.

"BATMAN GOT RUN OVER BY A WAL-MART CART!" They suddenly started to sing. Very loudly.

They were abruptly cut off by a groan at their feets. Their dad was beginning to wake up.

"It lives!" Jason shouted in a booming voice.

"To the Squidmobile, Patrick!" Dick said in a Spongebob voice as he pushed the cart.

"Run, run, Robins!" Timothy sang as he ran to the Batmobile.

"Save the candy! Go! Go! Go!" Jason hollered as he picked up Damian and grabbed a box of candy.
Jason piled into the driver's seat with Damian while Dick and Timothy dived into the back. With all the candy.
Jason pushed Damian into the passenger seat while he tried to start the vehicle. Batman was running towards them with a furious expression. Jason screamed, like Fishlegs from How to Train Your Dragon, as he started the Batmobile and slammed on the gas pedal.
They were so going to pay for this sooner than later.