Worried Mother

Simba gulped as he took a step toward Sarafina's den. Sarabi had summoned her and told her that Simba had something to tell her. Simba didn't want to tell her anything but because this was his fault he knew that he wasn't going to get off clean.

"Tell her Simba," reminded Sarabi as she nudged him forward.

"N-Nala and are were playing and she fell into a hole. She's stuck."

Sarafina let out a cry and her voice seemed to croak. Sarabi murmured gently into her ear. "But Mufasa and the lionesses are there and they're going to get her out."

"Take me there," ordered Sarafina and Simba took the lead as he lead both mothers toward the hole.

It wasn't difficult to find since there were lions swarming the hole with pain on their face. They were worried for Nala as well. That couldn't be a good sigh.

Sarafina pushed her way in front of Mufasa and looked down at her fearful daughter. "Are you alright Nala," she asked with concern straining her meow.

Nala's eyes lit up once she saw her mother. "I'm fine mom," she assured as he raised her muzzle in pride.

"Can you get her out," fretted Sarafina as she turned to Mufasa. "You can, right?"

"We will try our best," Mufasa murmured as he took a step forward and peered at the thorns. Anyone who went down there would get shredded. He was surprised Nala wasn't more beat up than she was. A twisted paw was nothing compared to a shredded pelt.

"I'll go down," offered Simba as he waved his tail.

"What," snapped Sarabi.

"I'm smaller than any of you so if someone lowers me down I can grab Nala without being cut," he pointed out as he reared on his hind legs so that they could all see him better.

"That could work," one of the lionesses rasped.

Sarafina nodded. "I agree with Simba. Let him down there."

"I'll lover him down," growled Mufasa protectively as he grasped Simba firmly by the scuff. He inclined himself forward and sunk his claws into the side of the hole. He inched Simba as down as far as he could.

"Jump Nala," Simba urged as he stretched out his claw but he was still a few tail-lenghts away from her and he didn't think his father could lower down any lower.

Nala wiggled her haunches before leaping. Simba sunk his claws into her shoulder and it made her squeal. Sarafina's breath was caught in her throat and she buried her head into Sarabi's shoulder. Sarabi murmured something in her ear to try and soothe her but it wasn't working.

Simba readjusted his grasp and he lashes his tail against his father's throat. Mufasa pulled upward but began to slip because of his weight.

Sarabi sailed forward and sunk his teeth into her mate's hind leg. She pulled him backwards while the rest of the lionesses joined in to try and pull Mufasa backwards. With a lot of effort Mufasa managed to bring his head onto solid ground and drop Simba and Nala safely on the ground.

"Nala," cried Sarafina as she rushed her daughter and began to lick her cheek affectionately. "Is your paw alright?"

Nala pushed her mother away. "I'm fine mom. I just can't put any weight on it."

"It's just twisted," assured Sarabi as she turned to Simba and began to groom him. "Now I think that's enough excitement for today."

"I agree," grumbled Sarafina as she scooped up her cub by the scruff and bounded toward her den in the tall grass.

Simba had thought that Nala would have spoken to him more after he saved her but she hadn't said anything. He hung his head in disappointment.

"We better get going," murmured Mufasa as he picked up his son by the scruff. He hung limply with his paws dangling. There was nothing to say and nothing to do.