Aftermath

Sarafina reared on her hind legs and threw herself down on the wriggling male lion who was Nala's father. "Leave," she snapped as she pushed down on his throat. "And never come back!"

"You can't hide her from me forever," he foamed as he sunk his claws into the ground around him.

"I know," rasped Sarafina as her eyes closed in regret. "However until then I will keep her safe from the retches of you!"

The male lion curled his lip. Sarafina leaped off of him and shook out her bloody and stinging fur. She licked her paw before drawing it over her whiskers. "Leave, now."

The male lion didn't move but Sarafina surged forward and snapped her jaws onto his tail. He screeched and tugged his tail from her jaws. He skipped away, raising one paw as he limped.

Sarafina snorted in anger before turning back toward her den. She slowed and tried to groom her pelt before striding forward as she struggled to keep her head held high.

"Sarabi? Nala? Simba?" She pushed her nose inside the den and sniffed for life.

She took another step forward with blood still dripping from her wounds. She saw Sarabi curled around the sleeping Simba and Nala. She took in a raspy breath.

Sarabi raised her head and yawned. "Sarafina, are you alright?"

"Fine," she assured as she shook blood droplets from her pelt. "Just a bit tired.

Sarabi moved over and allowed for Sarafina to lay beside her. Sarafina licked her wounds clean despite the pain that surged through her whole body. She groaned and sniffed Nala. "Is she alright?"

"Fine," assured Sarabi as she shoved her muzzle upward in pride. "Thanks to you."

"I was just doing my duty," she murmured as she settled her head next to her friend. "That was Nala's father. I thought he had gone for good."

"I suppose not them," sighed Sarabi as her shoulders slumped. "Would you like some help patrolling around your den, to make sure it's safe for Nala."

Sarafina shook her head. "We should be fine. However I wouldn't mind if you stayed the night tonight. Just in case."

Sarabi nodded. "I would love that," she yawned as she curled even harder against the cubs and rested her head on her massive paws. she sniffed Sarafina's sliced pelt before blinking her eye. "Do you think he'll come back?"

Sarafina let out a growl. "I'm positive. He even told me that he would."

"I'm so sorry," Sarabi whispered as she began to groom Sarafina's ruffled fur. "I promise that it'll be alright."

"Thank you," mumbled Sarafina before drifting off into sleep.