Chapter 16 - Saying Goodbye

it was the next morning and i was reluctant to get out of bed, i arrived back at my chambers sometime early morning  i decided to go back to sleep that was until my curtain were opened. i groan covering my face with the covers.

"it's too early" i moan there was a laugh.

"its noon your majesty" Adeline replies us i peek over the covers.

"it is?" she nods and i sit up

"Aslan has called everyone apparently he  has an announcement" i slip out of bed and be and to brush out my hair and pinned it up having thin ringlets drop around my face i had a cream and purple dress ( like Susan's dress but a purple colouring)i walk down and find Caspian about to head outside.

"Caspian!" i call he turns and smiles giving me a little peck.

"hello, i was just about to find Aslan and tell him that everyone has assembled." i nodded and we opened the door going down the steps near the gardens we found Susan and Peter talking with Aslan.

"your majesties" he addressed

"we're ready everyone has assembled" he nodded i could see the sad look on Peter and Susan something was wrong. we left for the stable and rode into the city square. and stood with everyone.

"Narnia belongs to the Narnian's just as it does  to man. and Telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome too, but for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the land of our forefathers"  Caspian announced

"it has been years since we left Telmar." on citizen said

"we are not referring to Telmar. you ancestors were seafaring brigands, pirates run aground on a island. there they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world. the same world as our kings and Queens . it is that Island i can return you too, good place for anyone who wish to make you a new start."  people muttered

"i will go. i will accept the offer" we looked to General Gozelle, we bowed in respect to him as he stepped forward.

"so will we" Miraz's wife and son along with a lord step forward

"because you have spoke first your future in that world shall be good" he breathed on them. the Willow tree behind us turned and formed a door way making the city people gasp the three walked toward the doorway and disappeared. people began to accuse that this was a trick.

"how do we know he's not sending us to our deaths." one citizen shouted

"your majesty if it please you i will take 11 mice through with no delay" Reep offered

"we'll go" i look to Peter.

"we will?" Edmund asks confused

"come on, times up" he replied

"besides we're not really needed here anymore?" he looked to us before coming over and handing his sward to Caspian. he takes it.

"i will look after it until your return" he vowed. but something was telling me i wasn't that easy.

"that's just it, we won't be coming back" Susan added i looked to her.

"we won't" Lucy asked

"you two are at least i think he means you two?" Peter answered standing next to his sibling.

"but why? did they do something wrong? " she questioned Aslan.

"quite the opposite dear one, but all thing have their time. you brother and sister have learnt all they can from this world now it's time for them to live in their own" he answered the youngest Peter took her hand.

"it's alright Lu it's not the way i imagined it but it's alright. One day you'll see too...come on" he walked her over to fluffy bear, Reep, Trumpkin, Papa, Professor  and Glenstorm. before they came to us i hugged Edmund

"i hope i will see you again soon"  i pulled

"me too" i hugged Lucy then Peter.

"can't believe I'm actually saying this but i might just miss you"  i laugh he does to.

"not to much i hope" he teases

"no not too much" i then hug Susan before she goes with her sibling the look at us one last time before leaving . i hug Caspian before Aslan addressed everyone.

"the door way will be open until midnight for those who wish to leave." he informed them before everyone left.

"let's go home" Caspian whispers i nod and we leave me holding Caspian's and Papa's hands