Chapter 39

Savannah's P.O.V

"Are you kidding me?" I shout.
"Be quiet, Sav, do you want to be found?" Oliver said.
"It's Savannah." I growl.
He flinches, but waves his hand in dismissal anyway.
"So what are you doing here?" He asks.
"Trying to sleep."
"Really?" He asks in disbelief.
"Really, what about you? What brings you to these parts of the woods." I ask.
"Searching for survivors."
I nod.
"Why haven't you come back to the pack?"
"I haven't been exactly been myself, you could say." I say sarcastically. "Or awake." I add, but mostly to myself.
He was silent for a minute.
"You looked exactly like-"
"I know." I cut him off, looking out of the square that resembles a window.
"How?" He asked quietly.
I looked over to him, his eyes suddenly looked younger and were full of fear.
"I'm not sure," I replied, "but, I think it probably has something to do about being bitten."
His shoulders slumped.
"You don't know anything?"
I shook my head.
"I know someone would might be able to tell me but," I trailed off, "I don't know where he is."
"A he? Not a she? Like, perhaps, a nine year old called Luna, by any chance?"
My head snapped up.
"Luna? You know her?"
"Yeah, well no. She was found in the forest, no one knows where she actually came from nor will she say anything. Why? Can she help?"
"Yeah, maybe."
He nodded.
"Probably not knowing her."
"Who is the he?"
"No idea."
"Really?"
"Yeah, I don't know his name or face."
"How are you going to find him?"
"Got a few leads," I paused. "This is also assuming that he is still alive, I have no idea."
There was another silence.
"Luna, she was actually asking for you."
I looked at him in disbelief.
"Kept saying that you would arrive, like you would just turn up at the front door and ring the door bell."
I laughed at that.
"Yeah, if the little rascals hadn't trapped me in those bloody caves."
"What caves?" Oliver asked confused. "There aren't any caves on our boundaries."
"You know, the ones we I got bitten, with the pond." I said, trying to chug his memory along a bit.
"Oh, right, those caves, but we blocked them all of remember?"
"Yeah, that's why I was trapped."
"But, you must of falling in somehow."
"Yeah the same way I did the first time." I said, with a sharp tone, trying to end this conversation.
"Oh, sorry."
"It fine." I said.
We sat in silence, till my whale of a stomach decided to sing a song.
Oliver chuckled, as I just sat in embarrassment.
"Have you eat anything since the fight?" He asked.
I shook my head slowly.
"Here." He pulled out a sandwich.
Grateful, I took the sandwich and mumbled a small thank you.
"Peanut butter and jelly." He said, a second before I bit I into the slices of bread.
"What?" I mumble with my mouth full.
"It's peanut butter and jelly, it used to be your favourite."
I swallowed.
"It's every six year old's favourite sandwich, isn't?" I asked.
He chuckled at that, "true."
"It's nice, though, thank you."
He nodded.
I continued to eat in silence.
"How long have you been out of the caves?" He asked.
"Um, a day or two." I replied.
"Why didn't you just come to the pack house?"
I hesitated.
"Last time," I began. "I returned after the fight between Blood-Red Rose and Apollo Packs, I was blamed for the death of their Alpha, Beta and Luna. It wasn't even my fault, let alone I was even in the same country during the fight. But, this time around, it is my fault, I'm the female white wolf. It's my fault that Ethan and Darren are dead, and Amy, and everyone else I don't even know." I found myself just letting the words flow out of my mouth.
"Oh." Was all I got in reply.
We sat in a silence.
"I was thinking of stepping down." He said.
"What?"
"From Alpha, I'm not good at it. The pack deserves someone better than me. Ever since your pack came here you have them hope that we could become as great as we were before." He explained.
"You know strength and power is not what a great pack is about. The reason your father was so great at being anAlpha because he was kind, he took rouges and other packs under his wing and helped them. He wasn't all about fighting, more about helping others."
Oliver nodded. "I can't do that, I know that know, that's why I'm stepping down. I'm bad for the pack."
I nodded.
"When is the funeral?" I asked.
He checked his watch.
"2 hours."
"I'll come then."
Oliver nodded.
"I've got to go." He said after a minute of rather comfortable silence.
"Okay, see you later." I said, awkwardly, like I was talking to an old friend.
"Oh and thanks for the PBJ." I added as he went to climb down the opening into the small box.
He chuckled.
"No problem."

~~~

I walked to the edge of the clearing, where the mass funeral was taking place.
I held several flowers in my hand.
One for Ethan.
One for Darren.
And one for Amy.
I stood silently behind a tree, watching the elders say there respects to the fallen.

It was formal and somber, and I was almost about to leave, until Jordan clambered up the stage.
"Um, hey." He began. "I know, that this is meant to be formal, however, I have only been to one of these before, and that was very informal and 5 years ago. So, I'm trying something new. Well, it's not really new, it's how the humans pay there respects. Compliments to the dead to make them feel better about being dead." He paused, as he received a few laughs. "Amy, to be honest, I didn't know you very well. However, what I do know is that you made my brother happy. And that's all I could have ever asked of you. Now, uh, Darren. Thank you for your patience. You never got angry when ever Leo, Savannah and I pranked you. You just took it in your stride and laughed along with us at yourself. You are a great sport, and never fought against us, even though you were right 70% of the time." He paused again. "Well, maybe 90, but you never failed us or left us, you never even said 'I told you so' when you were right. I thank you for that. And, of course, Ethan. You were the greatest Alpha, me and the rest of the pack could have ever asked for. You were never the serious type, but you could be when the rest of us were acting like children. I also thank you for helping Savannah. You brought her up, to become the strongest wolf in America, and made her the person she is today. My non-biological sister. And I don't know if she's here, right now, but she will always be by your side and take your words of wisdom to heart, as the rest of us have done. You have been accepting and a great Alpha you will be greatly missed, along side everyone else who has fallen."
The audience remained silent as he walked down the steps as he returned to his seat.
The funeral continued, but I ended up zoning out.
Soon, everyone slowly returned to the pack house, after they had said there respects, or placed flowers on the newly built memorial.
I saw Bianca walk inside, wiping tears from his eyes in the process, along side Luke, Scarlett and Oliver.
Soon, the only people left were Leo and Jordan.
Jordan was still remained in his seat. His head in his hands.
Leo was sitting beside him, a flower hung loosely in his hand.
I slowly crept out of my hiding place, and began to walk up the isle that lead to the memorial. Placing my three flowers side by side one another, I sat in front of the cross.
I felt a hand on my shoulder. Looking up I saw Leo, tears glistening in his eyes. Then Jordan sat on the other side.
Together we wept.
*************************
HELLO EARTHLINGS!
Just ya average update.
I have decided that I'm going to try and finish this book before the end of the month.
So like in a week.
Lots of updates!
Woo!
Vote. Comment. Play a Musical Instrument.
-Fox