Chapter 2 - I promised myself that I'd be sober

I woke up to the sound of a few knocks on the dorm room's door, I wanted to nap for a little longer but Lyla was nowhere to be seen and if the time on the wall clock in the room was right then I had already been sleeping for two hours, so I somehow forced myself out of my bed and opened the door.

Outside my room stood a beautiful girl with a huge welcoming smile "We are going to be dorm neighbours for a while from now so I thought of coming and introducing myself " She pointed her finger towards the room which was exactly to the opposite of my dorm room and said "That's my room, I'm Sasha by the way, Sasha Thomas" The first thing I noticed about her was that she had straight, silky blonde hair, her eyes were the shade hazel and she had quite a fair complexion.

"Hi, I'm Serena, Serena Williams. Nice to meet you, come inside" I told her while giving her a little space to walk inside.

She walked in happily and asked "So, where are you from?"

"Florida, what about you?"

"I'm a Cali (California) girl" she cheerfully replied.

"Wow, that's nice. Looks like we are both used to warmer weathers and lots of sun"

We could end up having a lot in common.

She giggled and replied saying "Yeah, amazing right? Imagine how would it be if we were both ended up having a lot in common..."

It was nice to know that she was thinking the same thing as I was and it was nice to have found company on my first day here itself. So what if my roommate wasn't someone I could be best friends with? At least now I have Sasha.

"Well, I have a strange feeling that we will, but to find out, we'd have to keep talking" I told her after which, we both started laughing.

After hours of getting to know each other and sharing uncountable laughers Sasha asked me "Hey, umm, would you want to go to this party nearby? My roommate is a senior and she invited me, I'd really like you to come with me"

I thought about it for a few seconds and told her "Sure, why not?". I mean, it does sound a little crazy, partying on my first night here but I promised myself that I'd be sober and I will be attending the party only to explore the city and meet the people here. I had a good feeling about it.

Her face breaks into a huge beaming smile "Yayy. Let's go then. You and I have only forty five minutes to get dressed, the party starts at 9pm"

I take a quick glance at the time on my phone and see that it's almost eight. "I'll need to take a shower first, then I'll get ready" I told her.

She smells her underarms, makes a weird expression and replies saying "Yeah, I really need to take a shower too." We both giggle for a while and then she continues "So let's meet in my room after we are done so we can decide what to wear"

"Perfect"

--
Note- If you like the story then please vote :)) thank you.

Q. How do you like the story so far and what do you think about Sasha?