Chapter 11 - Mr.Oompa Loompa returns (with Ms.Tomato)

I looked at myself one last time in the mirror and decided to leave.

Why do you care about how you look? You said it yourself, this isn't a date.

Ignoring what my inner voice has been saying, I glanced at my phone to check the time.

1:10

Caleb was supposed to be here ten minutes ago. Is he late or am I late? Just as I was about to call him, I received a call from him...a missed call.

That probably meant he was here, I picked my purse from the bed side table and rushed downstairs. Good thing I decided to ditch heels for flats.

I spotted Caleb beside his car, outside the dorm building and started walking towards his direction.

"Sorry for being late" Caleb said while waving his hands.

"Actually, thank you for being late" I pulled him in for a friendly hug.

"What? why?"

"If you weren't late then that would mean I was the one who delayed this whole thing"

"Haha you're welcome then"

We giggled for a bit and then got inside his car. He held the car door for me again, like a true gentleman. I smiled at his gesture.

Once he got settled inside, he turned towards me and asked "So what do you like Shirley?"

"Kit kats" I said in my most dreamy tone.

"I meant what would you like to have for lunch, silly"

I folded my hands and faked being offended "Hey, I'm not silly okay? Umm I guess I'm in the mood for some good pasta"

"Good choice, I love pasta" He turned to the front and started driving.

"Me tooo..." I half danced. For some reason, I was kind of excited and I guess Caleb could sense that.

He laughed, obviously. He had just witnessed my infamous goofy half dance.

I was embarrassed now. I wish I had control over the times I goofy danced, it's not something I'm proud of.

"You're a pro at embarrassing yourself now, aren't you?" he asked and as if it already wasn't enough, he laughed some more. I was red like a tomato by now. Why do I always end up embarrassing myself in front of him and only him?

I didn't say anything and he finally stopped laughing. "Look at your face, Ms.Tomato" ....and he started giggling again.

He doesn't get to embarrass me like that, time to be witty now. "Not funny, Mr. Oompa Loompa"

He stopped laughing and had a confused look on his face "What? Why did you call me an Oompa Loompa?"

"Don't you know? you laugh like one..." It was my turn to laugh now "...like you just....your laugh...you should see yourself..."

He folded his hands like I did earlier and tried to speak in my tone "I don't laugh like that okay?" Why is he mocking me so much today?

"You suck" I took his seatbelt off and playfully hit him.

"Hey meanie..." he then took my seatbelt off too, "Now we're even" he had a smug look on his face.

Just then, we passed a huge sign that read:

We turned our attention towards the sign, then looked at each other and burst into laughter

I felt like if anyone else heard our conversations or saw us right now, they'd think we are total idiots but I don't think I'd mind cause Caleb was so much fun to be around.

"Look at both of us, young rebels..." He giggled,

"Totally haha. Where are we going though?" I inquired.

"There's this food truck that somebody suggested I should visit when I revealed to them my love for pasta and since you and I both share a mutual love for pasta, I figured now is a great time to visit that place"

"That sounds great, I'm starving now..."

"We're almost there, he said they make the best breadsticks too"

"Ooo I love breadsticks with Pasta"

"Same. Oh look, we're here. Let's go try that"

"Yayyy!" I exclaimed and almost goofy danced again.

---
The breadsticks and pasta were great. I'm in love with this foodtruck. While we were eating, Caleb and I both planned a fake robbery of this foodtruck, everything tasted amazing here so like why not? We laughed more and ate less.

"Have any room left for dessert?" Caleb asked just as I finished my pasta.

"I don't know...maybe n..." before I could finish my sentence and say no, he came close to me and whispered "think again, they have kit kat brownies" he winked as he said that.

"Omg, of course I have room for dessert. Who ever says no to dessert?"

He giggled for a bit "Kit kats really are your weakness. You're cute. I'll go order some of those brownies for us"

He then turned around and left to get both of us our dessert. Just a minute ago, I thought I was full but now I'm hungry again, hungry for KIT KAT.

Ok ok, everybody gets that you love Kit Kats but did you even realise that he just called you cute?

He called me cute?

I could feel that cheeks were starting to turn another color and just then Caleb came back with our brownies, it smelled amazing. There were two pieces of brownies for both of us. He immediately dug into his brownie while I, for some reason just kept looking at him, which I didn't exactly realise.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you eating?" Caleb questioned, which is when I realised I've been looking at him instead of eating this delicious smelling brownie.

"It's too hot" was my stupid excuse.

"These are delicious, now I get why you love Kit Kats soo much" I could see that he loved the brownies and was totally indulged in eating them.

Just like you are indulged in looking at him instead of eating your favourite thing in the entire world.

"Wait what? These brownies are cold, you're seriously crazy Shirley"

"Umm...I meant..."

"It's starting to feel like I'm the crazy Kit Kat fan now...I'm taking your place Shirley"

He took one of my brownies and ate it, why wasn't I angry?

AND YOU LET HIM?

Normally, I'd never let anyone steal my kit kats cause what's mine is mine right?

Looks like someone is starting to outgrow your love for Kit Kats...

Is it true? Is this the tragic end of my love for Kit Kats? Am I starting to feel something for Caleb?

---
VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE

AWW, Did you like Caleb's and Serena's EXTRA goofiness in this chapter? I kept giggling while writing this chapter.

Q. What do you guys ship? CALEB AND SERENA or SERENA AND KIT KATS or CALEB AND KIT KATS? Hahha let me know.

Sorry that I took soo long to update. School :/