Chapter 6 - I'm surprised he didn't run away by now

"Also, if I called you gorgeous, it would've been a lie"

And here I thought Caleb was the first guy who wasn't getting on my nerves.

I stopped walking and turned back, he had a huge smirk on his face. It sounded like he only said that to see my reaction. I needed to come up with a witty response but I couldn't think of any. What would Blair Waldorf say?

"Don't lie then, my name's Serena. Call me by this name", I said, trying to have a neutral, unaffected look on my face.

This was the first time I couldn't think of anything witty to say. It definitely felt weird.

"Serena, uhm...sounds good but l'd prefer to call you gorgeous, so can I?"

He was confusing me now, "But you just....."

Interrupting me, he laughed and said "No, it wouldn't be a lie. I just wanted to see your reaction, I was joking..."

Knowing it already I said, "I figured"

"Impressive" His tone changed from mocking to serious.

As he said that, I felt a weird, fluttering feeling in my stomach.

Butterflies, it's called. Now, don't deny being attracted to him.

"Shut up" I yelled, yet again.

Oh no no no.

"What did I do now...?" He asked, looking only half as confused as he did last time.

"I'm sor...sorry. I know you'll find this weird but I was talking to myself...I do that a lot" I said, while looking down. I didn't want him to see my face, I was red embarrassed but I wanted him to know that I wasn't trying to shut him up.

"Haha, you look embarrassed, don't be. Everyone talks to them self just not as loud as you do though" he laughed.

I'm surprised he didn't run away by now.

Probably because he's attracted to you (too).

I told my inner voice to shut up for once and for all. This time, making sure I didn't tell it out loud again.

"Haha yeah. Sorry for that" I laughed with him "Let's go now, where's your car?"

We were in the parking area by now. "Right there" he pointed his finger towards his brown Chevrolet. That's all I can tell about the car, I am not that well-informed when it comes to cars.

We walked towards his car and instead of directly sitting on the drivers seat on the left, he first walked towards the right and held the car door for me to step in.

"Alright wasn't expecting that, thanks" I said while stepping inside his car and finally taking my stilettos off, clearly sounding impressed by him.

Once we were both seated, he looked at me and asked "I am relatively new in this city and I am guessing you are too, so where can we go?"

How did he know I was new here, was it like written on my face or something? Anyway, coming back to his question, I didn't even need to think for a second to tell him the answer. I quickly said "Times square, please" I really wanted to see how the place looked at night.

"I was thinking about it too but since it's getting pretty cold outside, we'll just drive around okay?"

"Okay"

•••
For an hour or so, we drove around Manhattan and grabbed ice cream at this place called the 'The Big Gay Ice Cream Shop'. I wouldn't normally prefer having ice cream during the night time in a breezy weather but according to Caleb, there was some kind of an amusement in having ice-cream when it was cold and he turned out to be right. I enjoyed our little ride a lot and then Caleb also offered to drop me till my dorm building.

"So did I do a good job in making it up to you?" I questioned him jokingly as his car pulled up beside my dorm's parking area.

"Of course you did, Shirley. I had a great time." he said and stopped the car.

I felt a huge smile forming across my face and my cheeks started to change colour "I did too, thank you"

"Pleasure's all my mine gorgeous"

I can't help but blush a little every time he says that. Several times during our drive, whenever he wanted to take my name, he called me gorgeous or Shirley. I haven't heard him say Serena even once but I've got to admit, I was sort of liking it.

I got out of his car and waved goodbye "Bye Caleb, see you soon"

As I began to walk towards my dorm room, I suddenly remembered that I hadn't asked him his number or anything about where he stayed and neither did he ask. Before I could turn back again and ask him, he had already left. I could still see his car but it was too late. All I knew was that he was in AIU as well.

I really hope we end up meeting again...

------
Thank you for the 160 reads in just 4 days. I can't explain how happy I am right now. Please vote, share and comment. I'd really like to know your thoughts on my story and I'm open for suggestions too :) thank you so much.

Q. Do you want Caleb and Serena to meet again?