Chapter 3 - Are you a mind reader or what?

I stepped out of the shower and wore my new lace bra.
Not knowing what to wear, I put my bathrobe on and started walking towards Sasha's room, picking a few of my outfits on the way.

When I knocked on Sasha's room a very unfamiliar but gorgeous looking brunette with a little dark, bronzed looking skin received the door. At first, I thought I was at the wrong room but then I remembered that Sasha described her roommate to be just like this girl who's holding the door in front of me so I decided to acquaint myself to her "Hi, you must be Sasha's roommate. I'm Serena, Serena Williams"

I clearly looked embaressed.

It was a little weird introducing myself to her for the first time because I was in my bathrobe but no, there was no escaping now.

"Oh hey, yes Sasha told me about you, you're coming to the party with us right?" She asked me.

"Err...yeah, she told me to come here so we can decide what to wear" I shrugged.

"Sasha is taking a shower right now but come...come inside" she moved to the left to make way for me to come in and then she shut the door.

"Oh by the way I'm Cameron, you can call me Cami if you wish to" she greeted me.

"Oh, Nice to meet you"

"You too, so now that you're here, help me with my outfit today. I mean can...can you help..."

I stopped her mid sentence and said "Yes, I'd love to"

She smiled and said "I don't usually fret about my outfit or about looking good or whatsoever but today I'd like a change"

Looking at what she was currently wearing I could say she was somewhat a tomboy and she seemed rather carefree to me.

She showed me the way to her closet and told me to check if I could find anything suitable for the party tonight.

After minutes of going through her closet, I gave up. She didn't own anything party like but I bet she'd look great in whatever the hell she wore, she had a body I'd die for. If I quit eating junk food in attempts of munching away my feelings and hit the gym a bit more regularly then maybe that would be possible but nah, my butt's too lazy for life.

"Not a single thing you could find? Never mind then, I guess I'll just end up staying then" she practically gave up and sat on the bed with a disspointed look on her face.

She occurs to me as a genuine person and that look on her face made me want to help her so I decided to give her one of my outfits "No, no that's not going to happen. Come here, I want you try a few of my clothes."

Cami hesitated for a second but then when she realised that she didn't exactly have a better option, she took the dress I gave her "Serena, that's lovely, thanks. This isn't my style but let's try and make it work"

"Try and make what work?" asked Sasha, with an obviously curious look on her face. She had just stepped out of the shower, wearing a pink robe that was similar to mine. Jesus, I want this girl to be my best friend already.

"Since I don't have any fancy outfits in my closet, Serena's offered to let me try her clothes" Cami holds the dress I gave her and displays it so that Sasha can have a look and then continues "and this isn't my style and obviously nothing like what I usally wear so I'm going to have to try and make it work. In fact, I'll need your help too"

"Don't worry babe, you'll rock that blazer and oh my god I'm so glad you guys already made conversation. I was a little worried if you two might like each other or not" Sasha was clearly very excited. I wonder how does this girl manages to get excited even for the tiniest things.

"Oh Cami is really easy to talk to" I said after which Cami immediately said "and Serena is a lifesaver, that's for sure"

We all giggled for a bit and then Cami went inside the bathroom so she could try the outfit on.

I wasn't sure what kind of party we were going to, so I decided to ask Sasha.
"Hey Sasha, I wanted to ask...."

While going through her closet to look for something to wear for the party tonight, she interrupted my question and before I could ask her about the party, she picked up a cute white fitted dress with golden detailing and placed it on her body to take my opinion on it and just as I was about to tell her what I feel about the dress, she started talking about exactly what I wanted to know about "By the way, the party we are going to is this house party that someone is throwing for the football team, I don't have all the details but I'm guessing that most people from the dorms will be there. Oh and Cami's boyfriend Tyler is on the team, so that's why she's invited. Anways, sorry, you were saying...?"

"I was just going to ask you the same thing, are you a mind reader or what?" We both giggled. "Oh and you'll slay that outfit Sasha, put in on"

"Okay then it's decided, this is what I'll be wearing tonight" Sasha told me, which left me as the only one who hasn't yet decided what to wear.

•••
After a while Cami and I were ready but Sasha was still not done with her makeup. Silly girl.

"We have to go now Sash, it's almost 9. We'll leave without you if you're not done in two minutes" Yelled an obviously annoyed Cami.

"Sasha, hurry up. Cami, I'll be right back. I have to go grab money from my room" I left Cameron and Sasha's room to go to mine.

When I walked in my dorm room, I saw Lyla sitting on the desk near her bed silently reading a book or something.

Hoping not to disturb her, I silently walked towards my closet and grabbed a purse that matched my outfit and put some money in it along with my spare lipgloss.

But when I was walking towards the door to leave, Lyla spotted me and looked at me as if I was an angel or something and no, I wasn't flattered. She kept staring until I called her.

"Um hey, lyla?" 

"Oh hey are you going somewhere? You look beautiful" she said with a smile but suddenly her cheeks turned the color red which made it clear that she was embarrassed about the compliment. What's with her manly-ish voice though?

"Yes, umm thanks. I am going to this party nearby. Do you err...want to join?" I asked.

The smile on her face widened and her embarrassment faded away.

Oh god no, why did I ask? I hope she says no, I haven't asked Sasha or Cami.

Lyla had the 'I-obviously-want-to-come' look all over her face so definitely she was going to say yes.

Oh no. I was in trouble.

--
Don't forget to vote :)
It makes me really happy to read all the positive feedback I've been getting. Thank you soo much.

Q. Who do you think will look best in party, Sasha, Cami or Serena?