Chapter 5 - What's with the sudden awkwardness?

My eyes traced his tall muscular figure, from his messy medium brown hair down to his feet. His eyes were a dark tint of blue, almost black, I couldn't quite tell which colour. I took a deep breath, inhaling his strong cologne and saw him kneeled down in front of me, picking my purse from the steady hardwood floor.

He stood up and handed my purse to me "Thanks, I...I...didn't mea...mean to, I mean, I..." , I kept stammering "sorry....no, I mean, tha....thank you"

What's with the sudden awkwardness, Serena?

"SHUT UP" I shrieked.

Uhoh.

I wanted to tell that to myself and not him.

Congrats, Serena. You have succeeded in making this situation even more awkward than it already is. He's going to think you're an idiot now.

"Sorry?" He uttered in confusion.

"No...I...nothing. You know what? Let me help you. I mean, I'm responsible for this mess so tell me, what can I do to make it up to you?" I asked him, trying to not sound like a total freak.

"Well, I have no other option than to leave this party now and the the night is still young, I don't want to go back home. So, I suppose, you can come along with me and keep me company"

Me and company? I can't believe this guy is willing to hang out with a awkward mess like me.

"But I'm with my friends here....I don't think I can, sorry" I told him while looking for Sasha and Cami.

"No problem, I'll leave alone then. It was nice meeting you" looking a little disappointed, he smiled and started walking towards the main door.

"Hey, umm whatever your name is, WAIT" I yelled from a distance.

Surprised, he turned around to face me. "What's wrong?"

Sasha was busy hitting on the bartender and Cami was still PDA-ing with Tyler. So, I decided to tag along with this guy. I had nothing better to do anyway.

Is that the only reason? Or did you stop him because you are attracted to him?

No, that's the only reason. I'm not attracted to him or anything.

Lier.

Gosh, why is my inner conscience speaking up again and again today? It's more than annoying.

"Nothing's wrong. I'll come with you", I told him.

He smiled. "Let's go then. By the way, my name is Caleb, Caleb Westwood. I'm glad you changed your mind"

"Please tell me you have a car. I'll die if I'm made to walk in these stilettos for even a second now"

"Sure I do, Shirley"

"Shirley...?" what kind of a name is that, I wondered.

"You didn't tell me your name yet and I couldn't call you gorgeous so I settled with Shirley"

He thinks you're gorgeous.

I blushed a little "Why Shirley and why not gorgeous ?"

"Shirley because you dropped Shirley temple all over me and if I called you gorgeous then you'd scream 'shut up' again"

"Oh" not knowing what else to say, I turned and started walking towards the main door, making my way towards the exit. Now that was embarrassing. I didn't intend on shutting him up, I wanted my stupid inner conscience to.

"Also, if I called you gorgeous, it would have been a lie"

--
YASS. Caleb is finally here. I hope you guys like him and the story as much I as I do.

Don't forget to vote, share and comment.

Q. What do you think about Caleb, are you shipping CaLena already?