Chapter 10 - Mine's not a date

A week of university had passed and the weekend had arrived. It went better than I expected it would. I'm doing really well with academics, I found amazing friends to whom I don't hesitate to open up to and a quite roommate who minds her own business.

Apart from Sasha and Cami, I started talking to a few other people too. It's really exciting to speak to different people from all over the world and make connections.

Surprisingly, I didn't bump into Caleb by accident the entire week but I did pass by him a few times and we shared a few friendly conversations but we didn't hang out or anything, he didn't call or text me.

As I was sitting on my bed, half sleepy-half awake, thinking about how my week passed by, I saw Lyla leave the room and a minute later, I heard a beep sound from my phone. I unlocked my phone to check whose text it was.

Unknown number: Sorry I couldn't call or text sooner, I was pretty busy this week but I was wondering if we could hang out today...tomorrow works too. You decide.

A second later, my phone beeped again.

Unknown number: This is Caleb btw.

Finally!

He was right, we were pretty occupied this week so he's forgiven. I'm just glad that now I have something to look forward to this weekend. I figured I'm free on both days so I settled for Saturday, which is today.

Me: It's alright and sure, we can totally hang out today. Got anything planned?

He responded almost immediately.

Caleb: I was hoping you'd say yes. Let's meet up for lunch :)

A second later, I received another text from him.

Caleb: I'll pick you up from your dorms at 1pm. Does that work?

Me: Done. Just remember that I'm vegetarian.

Caleb: Oh, that sucks :/

I tend to get annoyed when people take being vegetarian as a bad thing (which, everybody does)

Me: Not more than you -.-

Caleb: Ah, cutie. Go get ready now.

Me: Yeah, bye :)

As I was texting Caleb, Sasha barged in my dorm room along with Cami.

"Remember how we couldn't visit the Statue of Liberty the other day?"

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked.

"Let's go tomorrow, we can take that ferry you wanted. Are you free?" Sasha asked.

".....Or do you have plans with that crush of yours?" Cami winked her eyes.

"Err...yeah. I have plans with him today but I'm all yours tomorrow" I informed them.

"Awww, that's great!" exclaimed Sasha.

Cami turned towards me "Yeah, I'm meeting up with Tyler today and Sasha is meeting that hot bartender guy too."

"Seriously, we are meant to be" Sasha told us in her most dreamy tone.

"What?" bickered Cami.

"Already, Sasha? You just met him once..." I was confused.

"No, stupid. I mean the three of us, we are meant to be best friends"

Cami and I looked at each other and giggled, we went forward to hug Sasha.

"You're the cutest!" I exclaimed.

Sasha tried faking a disgusted look on her face but she was clearly enjoying this "I'm not looking for a girlfriend anytime soon, boundaries please"

Cami and I giggled.

"Ugh, Go brush your teeth Serena or we'll both die" Cami whined.

"I'd really like that but alright, I'll go brush" I sneered.

"We'll leave now" Cami pulled Sasha's hand and started dragging her out. "...have fun on your date, bye"

"Yeah, you too" I smiled at both of them and waved goodbye.

"Wait, what? My date is not a date. I mean, mine's not a date" I yelled and tried to clarify but they had left by then.

You don't think this is a date?

No.

Lier

Ignoring my stupid inner voice, I made my way towards the washroom to brush, shower and get ready.

'It's not a date'

---
Sorry for uploading really really late.
I was busy with school :(

Hope you like the story so far :)
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Q. What do you think about Sasha and Serena being a couple?