•8•

Jason changed into a blue shirt and black jeans as Selena was laying in bed, watching "where are you going?" Selena asked.

"I have a meeting" Jason said.

"You work at a pizza shop" Selena raised a brow, "thank you captain Obvious" Jason rolled his eyes.

"No need to be sassy" Selena scoffed and Jason walked towards her, "sorry" he said. "Taylor taught me these cool recipes! So do not buy dinner tonight, I am cooking" Selena smiled and Jason shrugged.

"Sounds good to me, i'll be back" Jason kissed her lips softly and Selena smiled as he pulled away and left.

Jason: I'm on my way.

Jason drove down the road as he put his phone down, turning the radio on to distract himself from what might possibly happen later.

--

"Where is Alex?" Leo asked as Justin was on the ground, scrubbing the floor slowly as he winced. "H-he went out with a friend that lives around the neighborhood" Justin said.

"Oh? That's good! I'm glad our boy is finally making friends!" Leo smiled as Justin stood up, "why didn't you come pick me up from the hospital?" he crossed his arms.

"What? I sent an uber!" "I didn't want a stupid uber! I wanted you!" Justin spat, "don't raise your voice at me!" "Maybe if you hadn't been such a shitty husband then I wouldn't have to!" Justin said and was about to say more until he was cut off by a slap on his cheek.

"You do not raise your voice with me! Do you understand?" Leo asked as he roughly grabbed Justin's shoulder and he nodded with a whimper as Leo let go of him, "go back to scrubbing the floors!" he said before walking away as Justin rubbed his cheek and sat on the ground with eyes full of tears.

--

"Thank you for coming" Alex smiled as Jason shrugged, "let's go get dinner" Alex suggested. "I have a friend at home cooking me dinner" Jason said, "is this friend a bad cook?" Alex asked and Jason nodded, "then I don't see why you can't enjoy a nice very well cooked meal from Portillo's" Alex said as Jason nodded in defeat, "okay fine."

"Why did you come to the ball?" Alex asked as the two of them say across from each other in a quiet part of the restaurant.

"I cook and they needed chef to cook for the ball" Jason said, "did you know my dad was going to be there?" "yes.." Jason said.

"How do you know my dad? What relationship do you have with him?" Alex asked bluntly, Jason didn't know how to respond. He knew he couldn't just come out and say 'hey! I'm married to your dad!'

Alex crossed his arms and Jason laughed nervously, "uh.. Well we met three years ago" Jason said and this bought interest to the younger boy.

"I was in college and he was engaged to your father" Jason started off, "I don't know.. when Justin bumped into me at a restaurant, I immediately felt like I would swoon over any second but I had to be confident and say something, right?" Jason chuckled.

"Order 194!" the woman called, "I'll get it" Alex smiled before getting up from his seat.

Jason and Alex talked all day, Jason told Alex about everything, the video game competition, the marriage, the bruises, their plan to runaway, Jason getting taken away.

"Y-you need to meet my dad!" Alex said as Jason's eyes widened "no! I can't!" "Yes! I will help!" Alex smiled. "Are you sure? What if this causes too much trouble?" Jason asked nervously, "it's okay! I have an idea" Alex said as he grabbed his phone.

"There's a garden like twenty minutes from here, it's kind of a maze and there are a lot of beautiful and rare flowers, it's gorgeous.. Tomorrow you will wait there and I will come with my dad" Alex said as Jason's breath hitched, he felt nervous and scared

"Y-you'd do that for me? But what about your father? Leo" Jason said, "he's abusive.. I'm not going to let my dad stay with someone like that" Alex said as Jason grinned.

"Okay, let's do it."

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Life is chill you guys.