1524 Late Autumn (QE)

The king is a master huntsman who loves to give chase. I have found him to be relentless in the manner of pursuit but at the same time, he has perfected the art of courtship.  

 My fingers absent-mindedly touch my sore, swollen lips. The kisses the King and I have shared are filled with heated passion, a fire which can not be doused. It is an addiction which he has so cleverly given me, over time giving me a taste, then his attention, which only now leaves me gasping for more.  

I pull on my silk slippers, then don my thick quality cloak. I try not to think about the King, but his image is ingrained into my mind, his words replaying over and over in my head consuming me completely. It was not always like this, but he has maneuvered me so expertly into liking him that I feel I had no true say in the matter.

His kisses always start out soft and sweet before turning passionate and rough quickly, as if by releasing his lust through strong embraces, he can stop his need to go further. Each time we meet we become something more, gone are the gentle hand caresses, light teasing, and poetic words of summer. 

I am embarrassed to even think it, but he has awoken a hunger, a need in me. I had experienced a similar sense before like butterflies fluttering through my body, but this time it was so much stronger, he made my body tremble with desire, it made me weak-kneed and wanting. 

I have changed in such a short span of time, I think those who are closest to me can sense the difference, I can. I am no longer caught up in the politics of my task, or my longing for another, I am for once allowing the current to take me where it pleases and I am no longer fighting against it.  

I am genuinely happy when admitted into the Kings company, and not only for his touch. I have found him to be an intelligent man, with a creative air which he uses mostly for poetry and music. He can compose and write, and inspire those of his court and the world. He is everything I was told he would be, but I was not willing to listen, or try, too caught up in my own fancies and easily persuaded to step onto another path.

I look around my new chamber. Heavy quality rugs and colored tapestries keep the heat from the blazing fire contained in my room, making it comfortable warm. I am so close to the Kings chamber, I think, I could hear him breathe if I listened hard enough. A gift from his majesty, private rooms.  

Joan has moved back to her husband's country estate for a time, we said pleasant farewells, but I could tell she was not pleased with her removal from the court, and my ascension. Her husband shall still be my ward at court, and the Howard faction are basking in the king's circle once more. What is one girl to another, as long as the King is looking their way.    

I have not given the King my maidenhead. His patience has lasted months and I can feel the bulging hardness of him as we embrace each other, with fever kisses, and explore with wanting hands. I want to have all of him, but I have decided to follow Anne's advice. Since John told me the plain truth of it all, I have nothing to fall back on if the King tires of me. 

I smooth my hair, he has news for me and I eagerly hope that it is in regards to a husband, so I may finally feel him inside of me, for all that has been said between us, Anne was right, I will need a husband to warm my bed.

I step out of my chamber pulling my cloak around me tightly. I do not fear being seen by passing courtiers, they are few at night and they all know who I go to see at this hour. It is the cold air of later autumn which makes me wrap myself tighter, it is bitter. The winds are ferocious chilling the large stone walls. It has rained so much that I can not remember a day when dark tumbling clouds did not crowd the graying sky. I long for the summer. I want to enjoy the joyous court in the heat of a bright day again.

Guards stand at his closed door, they always do. They recognize me and permit me entry quietly without the usual fanfare which normally accompanies entrance into the royal chamber. His chambers are vast and most of the time I have to walk through the interlinking rooms to find him, but tonight he is waiting for me.