S E V E N

I opened my eyes barley, quickly shutting them from the bright light.

Why did I let Jane talk me into this? I'm gonna have this pounding headache all day, and it isn't going to help that I have to plan a wedding too. I groaned but sat up. My eyes grew wide when I realized I wasn't even in Tate's guest room.

What happened last night?

I looked down to see I was still in my clothes from yesterday, good sign. But there was no sign at all where I was. Did someone kidnap me? Oh my gosh I probably went how with some stranger last night. How creepy! And they probably locked me in the room.

I jumped up so fast and ran to the door that swung open effortlessly. That is weird. I scanned the room behind me and noticed a glass of water and two advils sitting on the bedside table. This stranger must be a nice stranger.

I shrugged walking over to the water and pills and taking them before venturing out into the hall. It was a long hallway with many doors. I followed down it until I found stairs and then down them, made a left turn. Because if nothing is going right, go left.

I then was startled to see Kelby's back turned to me as he cooked something in a pan. I let out a sigh of relief and sank into a stool. Kelby heard me and turned around smiling at me.

"Mornin' sweetheart." He said.

"Mornin'" I mumbled back taking the coffee mug he handed me.

"I was going to take you back to Tate's house, but it was so late I didn't really wanna make the drive up there. Plus he is pretty mad about the whole thing." He said turning back to the stove.

"No, it's good thank you for helping me when you didn't have to. I'm sorry I caused you so much trouble." I said feeling like a out of control teenager that just got caught red handed.

"No don't apologize, I really enjoyed the night. I'm glad Jane called me and asked me to come."

"Oh good I was thinking you where secretly mad at me for making you do all of this." I sighed taking a sip of my coffee.

He chuckled.

"I always enjoy company, and if you ever need a place to crash there's a spare key under the mat." He smirked.

I chuckled.

"Noted."

I took another sip of the coffee and made a sour face. I still never enjoyed it. Kelby must have noticed too.

"Oh do you not like coffee because I can get you something else." He said frowning.

"No your good, I drink coffee every morning I just don't like it all that much."

"Then why do you drink it, if you don't like it."

I went back to the day at the airport when my mother forced me to leave. I had gone and bought myself a coffee for the heck of it, as I sat down and debated whether to call Cody or not. Some guy asked me that same question. I still don't know the answer too.

"Habit I guess." I shrugged.

He nodded turning back to the stove. A nice silence settled around us. I grabbed a magazine that was sitting on the counter and flipped through it.

"So how come you don't have a girlfriend or anything." I blurted out randomly.

"Been to busy to ever get one I guess." He shrugged.

"You had time last night, you could have gone on a date with someone." I said.

"I don't know there just hasn't been any girls that I've really liked."