E I G H T E E N

"This is crazy." April said as she watched me pace my room back and forth.

Sammy watched me also from his spot on my bed. That was his favorite place -my bed.

"I have to April." I sighed.

For the past hour I've been trying to get her to understand that I need to go back and give Cody that letter.

"It was meant for him."

"You need to let go, Emma." April said taking a step closer to me.

"I can't. Not now." I said shaking my head. "Not when I just learn this new information. April don't you get it. Things could of turned out differently if he read that letter."

April said rubbing her forehead. We were both getting pretty frustrated. April and I had one thing in common we both share and that is our stubbornness. And right now it's kick us in the but right now because no ether of us will step down.

"It's been two years. That's two years too long. You have wasted your time on a boy who hasn't even thought about you!" She said raising her voice.

"He has! You listened to all the voicemails with me." I cried.

"But that was years ago!"

"A couple months." I corrected.

She rolled her eyes.

"Emma, listen to me. I was once in the same boat as you I had someone who I thought I was going to end up marrying but we didn't get married-"

"We aren't in the same boat tho, April you chose to walk out I was forced."

She shook her head.

"There was nothing forced about you sneaking out in the middle of the night."

"My mom was forcing me to go to New York the next morning I'm not good with goodbyes!" I cried. "If it was my choice I would have stayed there, lying next to Cody because that is were I want to be!"

"I had all these same thoughts with Josh. He sent me the same drunken voicemails as Cody and we have about the same amount of time between us of when we broke up. But Emma, Josh moved on! That means Cody can move on just as easily which he has! You just won't admit it, because why you think he still loves you? Reality check he doesn't! He is engaged to some other girl and they will move to Montana!"

I flinched at the bitterness in her tone but I knew she was still hung over Josh so that's were these feelings were coming out of but she still didn't understand how I feel.

"You don't know Cody like I do." I said turning around to continue packing.

"Emma if he still loved you don't you think he would have tried a little harder!"

I froze at her sentence, slowly turning around.

"Whether he read a napkin letter or he didn't if he really loved you don't you think he would have sent long text messages begging you to come back, asking what went wrong! If he even still loved you he wouldn't have given up that easily and found a new girl he would be calling everyday, texting you until you answered just so you could work things out and try to fix things! But did he do any of that?"

I was silent.

"Did he!?"

"No, he didn't." I said bowing my head.

"Then you need to move on."

"I am trying!"

"Well running back to him to give him a love note isn't trying hard." She scoffed folding her arms over her chest.