E I G H T

"I'll run these down to the post office then." Courtney said getting up and taking the box of wedding announcement cards with her.

She looked so nervous, and like she hasn't slept in days.

"Don't worry Courtney I paid extra so they will ship faster." I told her as I took an extra wedding invitation and placed it on there fridge.

It was actually weird to call this house there's, not just Tate's anymore because he is going to be married soon.

Courtney gathered some other things with her before quickly leaving the house. I turned back to my laptop, opening emails I have been ignoring. I smiled when I opened the one from Maddison telling me that she changed Tate's article that there was only a couple hundred they were still trying to get back. But they were filling the shelfs fast. People got interested with Tate's story, he told me he got an email from some gossip reporter station wanting to come to there wedding and interview the couple.

Tate turned him down and the many others that called and asked the same thing. There was just one professional photographer coming, Nancy. I knew I could trust her she was my best photographer.

I started going on and ordering the little things for the wedding on Courtney's list. She wanted white Christmas lights to go up around the border of the yard. We where getting a huge gazebo for the alter to be under. I smiled to myself as I start ordering things for Tate's wedding it made me happy.

The front door opened but I ignored it figuring it was Tate coming back from whatever he went off to do today. But it wasn't.

I turned to look at who came in because if it was Tate he would have said somethings to me by now. Instead of Tate it was Cody.

"I didn't think you were going to be here." He said simply.

"I kind of temporally live here." I said back before turning back to the computer.

"Right," he mumbled. "I just had to drop these papers off for Tate." He explained.

I turned and watched him set a stack of papers down on the coffee table. Silence settling around us. Why wasn't he leaving?

"Emma," he sighed. "Look I-"

I stood up and held a hand out to stop him.

"This is not the right time for this, Cody." I spat his name out like poison. "If you really wanna talk, let's talk after all the wedding mess is over."

He sighed searching my face for something. He stared at me for a second too long before shaking his head, mumbling a fine and leaving.

I stared at the door he had just left out of and listened to his truck start up and drive away. That was possibly the first time I have seen him without Mollie by his side. And he actually talked to me. He didn't say some rude comment. He was almost back to my Cody. It shocked me. I was so use to him being rude to me that when something even him just saying my name without bitterness in it was surprising. Something was up.

I grabbed keys to a truck Tate was letting me borrow and headed down to the Clarke's house. Halsey was glad to see me welcoming me with open arms.

"How's the wedding planning going?" She asked as she returned back to her cooking.

"Good. I didn't think it would take this much work to plan a wedding." I sighed.

"Ah, yes I remember Chad and me planning our wedding." She smiled.

Chad, I haven't even seen him maybe a couple glances but it's like his trying to avoid me. I don't plan on seeing him I hate his guts for making me leave. For calling my mother.