N I N E

I never thought I would see Tate so mad. But for some reason he was. Courtney was trying desperately to calm him down but nothing was working. He was tossing things and braking things and it confused me as to what he was just so upset about. But all of that stopped when his eyes landed on me. I froze.

What had I done?

He slowly walked closer to me his eyes boring into me. In my head I was thinking holy shit, holy shit, I'm going to die.

"What makes you think that it is okay to run off to Kelby Fords house whenever you want to." He said through gritted teeth.

That's what he is mad about.

"Me and Kelby are friends." I shrugged shifting my weight to the other side.

"Your friends?" He said it sarcastically, before dryly laughing. Finally turning away from me.

"There friends." He said to Courtney.

She just shook her head.

"Tate, it is fine. That all happened years ago it's in the past leave it there. Please." She pleaded.

"I can't Court! You know what he did." He cried.

"I do, but I forgave him, just like everyone else in this town did. Except for you."

I was more than confused now.

Tate and Courtney had a glaring showdown before Tate sighed running a hand through his hair and giving me one last look before storming out of the house.

I jumped when the door was slammed shut and it rattled everything in the house.

"What is so wrong with Kelby?" I asked setting my bag down in a chair.

Courtney shook her head, heading into the kitchen I followed her.

"He has a past." She said grabbing a cup of ice water.

"Doesn't everyone."

She glanced up at me, then took a big swig of her water.

"You'll have to ask Kelby to tell you. It's not my story to tell." She said simply.

"Well of Tate hates Kelby why did he ask him to be one of his best mans?" I asked leaning against the counter.

"He didn't want to but Cody convinced him too." She said placing her glass in the sink and shrugging. "Tate didn't even ask him, Cody did."

"How did I miss this?" I asked.

She turned back around to face me.

"From the moment you got here you have been trying to avoid Cody."

"Well I finally faced him so." I said simply pushing myself off of the counter.

"Why do you go to Kelly's house anyway?" She asked.

I shrugged, pulling out my laptop and turning it on.

"He is an escape from the drama here, I guess."

"Or is he like a rebound."

I was quiet for a moment. Quiet for a minute too long giving both of us the answer.

"So I've ordered everything on this list." I started changing the subject. Courtney side coming around and taking a seat on the stools.

"Did you and Tate ever decide between which pillars you wanted?"

"Tate could care less about which pillars." Courtney laughed.

I smiled a little knowing that was Tate.