E L E V E N

So many people fall in love all over the world. Most fall in love too quickly, they don't take there time. Instead rush into things. The problem with that is when you rush things you don't get time to see who that person really is therefore most end up failing. On the other hand some people take forever to fall in love. Some are to afraid, or can't commit. Those ones lose chances. That's the tricky part you never know which one is better.

I hate to admit it but I'm that other half. The half that is too afraid to take the extra step. To afraid to do what the rusher do. I took my time with Cody. And sometimes I wonder if I was the other way around if he and I would be married by now. I always stop everything before it gets too far. I do it all the time. It's what I've learned to do.

As I sat in the passenger seat beside Cody. In the same truck we made out in, same truck I almost died in, I realized this.

I realized that I was the type to miss out on my chances. I've been told by so many people to tell what's on your mind because you never know what is going to happen next. You never know if you are gonna stay with that person for much longer.

"We are just about 15 minutes away." Cody spoke dragging me out of my thoughts.

The drive had been silent for the most part. He knew where he was going. Me on the other hand had no clue.

I chose not to reply. Instead looking out the window. Rain droplets slowly hit the glass and I watched each on fall down the window leaving a trial behind it as it went. It wasn't raining hard but enough that if you were to stand outside for about 10-15 minutes you'd be soaked. But that's about all I saw it was about 10:00 so it was pitch dark now.

I looked to Cody confused as he came to a stop in front of a cemetery.

"Tate came here?" I questioned.

He nodded putting the truck in park, the headlights turning off.

"There's a lot that happened in two years." He scoffed.

"Would you please stop with the two years thing." I growled going to get out.

"I can go find him if you don't want to get your hair or designer clothes wet." Cody spoke getting out of the truck.

I rolled my eyes climbing out and joining him at the gate, a flashlight in his hand and one in mine.

"You know for someone who sure makes a whole lot of rules you sure suck at following them." I mumbled pushing open the gate to the cemetery.

"What can I say, I'm just a rule breaker sweetheart." He chuckled.

"You are really starting to get on my nerves." I said starting to walk past graves of people I didn't even know.

"Oh Emma." He said.

I turned to look at him.

"What." I spat out angrily.

"Tate is gonna be this way." He said pointing with his flashlight in the opposite direction I was going.

I didn't say anything just turned around and walked that way. Cody was right behind me and I felt relief wash over me when I saw Tate leaning over a headstone.

"Thank goodness." I sighed running up to him.

He didn't even acknowledge me.

I grabbed his shoulder shaking him. His clothes were soaked and his hair was no longer gelled up the way he usually did it.

I looked down at the headstone he was looking at. Bending down to be able to see the name. Shining the flashlight onto the smooth stone.

Raymond King