Chap. 31

Taehyung boredly got out of his house, with wiggly arms and expressionless face, making the people who pass by him look at him in disgust and weirdness.

That did not bothered him, all he has to do, is to get to his school right now.

Just as he was about to enter the gate, he saw this familiar figure, standing fashionably while smiling at him. Well, who was it? It was no other than his best friend, Park Jimin.

That kind of enlightened his day, so Taehyung hurriedly ran towards the small figure and smacked his arms.

"What the heck Tae! You really miss me that much?" Then a very warm smile crept out of Taehyung's lips, while hearing the smaller latter laugh.

"Man, I thought you're going to meet me two days later?" Taehyung said out of surprise, and Jimin just shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, I asked seonsaengnim if we can go back to school, he said not yet but the fact that I'm the champion, he let me go. Plus, thinking about you being alone scared the hell out of me. You might die! Haha."

Taehyung just laughed.

"Come on, although it's freakin' Saturday, why did they plan about having class in the first place?" Jimin asked while they were walking straight to the building.

"Last Friday, we don't have any classes. Maybe it's just for today's Saturday. A remedial?"

"Ah..."

"Don't worry, it's shortened period."

They started walking towards the entrance. Passing by, the people looked at the latter besides Taehyung with glee, which is again, showing off his angelic eye-smile.

"Anyways Tae, I bought you your favorite....japchae. It's freshly cooked. Hope you enjoy it." Jimin handed over a paper bag to the now surprised boy.

Tae opened up the paper bag and smelled the delicious aroma of the said food. His eyes beamed happily while forming a smile.

"Thanks a lot chim."

Jimin really knows how to make Taehyung feel a lot better.

......

"Like I've said, I don't know what to do anymore..." Taehyung lazily slumped his arms on the lunch table, while frowning like a hopeless man.

"Tae.. I don't--"

Interrupted by another girl asking for Jimin's autograph.

"What I was trying to say, I don't know how you even have the gut to talk to him when you're using a different account! In the first place, you can just talk to him with your real account!"

Taehyung sighed heavily.

"Jimin-ah...do you think it's appopriate for a senior stalking a person who is two years younger than you and also has the same gender as yours? IT'S NOT RIGHT?"

"Nope."

Jimin bluntly replied, and Taehyung sighed heavily for the nth time.

"...What do you mean nope? It's weird okay!? Ugh! I'm still thinking how to apologize to him, after all what I've done."

"Tae, don't stress yourself. You'll find a solution, so take a rest to think about it."

"mkay.."

Taehyung stood up nochalantly, sighing once again. Jimin just felt bad for his best friend.

......

Taehyung has been sighing for the nth time, and a spang on his heart has been bugging him ever since.

What is this pain? Ah...

Guilt. Regret.

These two words have been playing around with Taehyung's mind all day, and this caused his focus on his study unstable. He even thinks that he doesn't want to see Jungkook in this school right now, or he won't be able to talk.

Just as he was about to boredly stand next to the food machine, he bumped onto someone.

"Ahh, sor...ry.."

Reality quickly hit Taehyung as soon as he saw Jungkook, a few centimeters away from him, looking at him in surprise.

Their eyes were wide as of does, and they stared deep into them. They weren't avoiding eye contact, they were just...staring deeply to each other because of shock.

After a minute or so, Taehyung blinked, gazing the other way, now trying to avoid the younger's eyes.

"I'm sorry I bumped onto you.." said Taehyung, but soon as he gazed to the side, he saw Jungkook's figure already walking away from him.

"He's mad with me..totally mad with me."

Taehyung almost wanted to tear up.

......

"Lord, just for this day..please don't let me see Jungkook..please!"

His mind is mentally screaming right now. He's desperate. Too desparate. He tried his best not to dwell on it for the meantime, but it seems he can't keep his mind out of it.

Taehyung went to the lockers. Assuming that his seonsaengnim might surprise them with another pop quiz, he grabbed all of his books for the next consecutive periods.

He sighed for a thousandth time, just looking at his feet. Hopeless of what to do.

"What should I do?" Taehyung thought while holding of his books tight.

"If only Jimin's here. Why do we have a separate subject period!? Ugh.." Taehyung mumbled in despair, sighing for another time.

"Jiminnie pa--"

Taehyung bumped onto a person again, making his books fall. He immediately kneeled down and grabbed his books.

"M-Mian, I wasn't looking--"

His eyes widened once again, when he saw the person standing in front of him. A tall, familiar figure, staring at him with surprised but at the same time, disappointed look.

"Jungkook!! Not..not again!?"

Taehyung stood up, and they now stand before each other. Taehyung can't make any eye contact, but he can feel that Jungkook has been staring at him with a very intimidating,yet disappointed eyes.

*Badump*

He felt another pang on his heart. A nervous pang this time.

A second or two, Jungkook sighed and started to walk pass by Taehyung.

"Why of all people!?"

Taehyung shut his eyes closed and clenched his teeth, breathing deeply. He gathered courage to do something he wasn't supposed to, but suprisingly, he quickly grabbed Jungkook's arm. Luckily, he wasn't that far enough.

Jungkook gave him a shocked face, and Taehyung felt the same. Why is he doing this?

"L-Let me go." Jungkook looked down, trying to pull his arm away.

But Taehyung tightened his grip, never wanting him to let go. He can't even make eye contact with him, but he's eager to take this an opportunity to talk to the person he loves, which is now standing in front of him.

"Jungkook." Taehyung mumbled, still not making any eye contact.

"Hyung... T-They're staring at us! Don't make a fuss. The bell rang already!" Jungkook tried his best to minimize his voice, but a ring of irritation can be heard.

"Kookie." Taehyung mumbled just enough for the younger to hear. Jungkook, became really quiet.

Taehyung breathed heavily and slowly looked at the latter's face, and that's when his eyes gave him a surprised reaction.

Jungkook is...blushing. But at the same time, mad and surprised.

"Koo...kie?" Taehyung asked once again, and Jungkook looked sideways, then pulled his arm away.

"I...I need to go." Jungkook hurriedly walked away from Taehyung, which is now completely dumbfounded.