Chapter Two: Thoughts About You

Lucifer stared after the girl, eyes wide in shock and mind clouded with confusion. He had seen Lorelai and her friend come into the bar and knew that he needed to snare her for the evening. She captivated him in a way that no one else seemed to. Her modest black dress encasing her body perfectly, while still showing off her gorgeous legs and the tops of her breasts in a way that teased anyone who dare look. He watched as her curls bounced as she walked, hiding the greens of her eyes.

Lucifer had watched intently as she had grabbed the open booth and waited for the return of her friend. Watched as they drank and not five minutes later did the girl decide to up and leave her. He had swooped in, prepared to woo and snag her for the evening. But not once did he think the girl would be able to resist him. She came off as someone who needed to be coaxed into their sultry side and he was right, but with every move he made she would divert him. He couldnt even draw out her inner desires. His mind had been plagued with questions and confusion.

He finally decided to try and draw out those desires with a more direct approach; physical contact. Leaning into her, brushing his nose against the spot underneath her ear that he knew women loved so much, kissing her until she begged to sleep with him; but that again seemed to not only backfire but left him with an odd and shaky feeling. Her scent had pulled him in and her kiss had made him dizzy. Not only that, she had pulled away! The only person to ever outright reject him!

And so he sat there, watching with wide, confused eyes as she tried to decide what to do. "I-I" and then, surprising him again, he watched her run. Watched as she clumsily stumbled out of his club, dragging her friend with her. But not before turning to look at him one more time. "What the bloody hell was that?" He said, more to himself than to anyone else. Lucifer had never experienced anything like this before, never been rejected and intrigued all at once. He got up from the booth, moving towards the bar where Maze watched him with an uneasy expression.

"Did you see that?" He asked her as she wiped down a glass. She nodded and shook her head. "I did, what the hell was that about? Did you have bad breath?" She smirked and Lucifer rolled his eyes. "Very funny, Maze. Im having a crisis and you decide to tease me."

"Oh dont be so sensitive. Youre the devil for crying out loud!" Lucifer turned around, looking back towards the entrance of Lux. For some odd reason he felt himself wishing she would come back, that she would walk back in. "Shes an interesting one, that human." He turned back to Maze. "She didnt succumb to my little gift and she was somehow able to resist my devilish charm." Maze narrowed her eye, shrugging as if unconcerned. "Shes just a human, probably a crazy one at that."

"No, I dont think so." Lucifer murmured, narrowing his eyes as he glanced at the brunette. Maze poured him another drink, placing the glass in his hand. "Whatever it is, forget about it. There are a million other girls here."

"Thats just it, Maze, I dont seem to want any of the other girls. I want her."

"Lucifer" her voice went down into that scolding tone; he hated that tone. "Dont."

"Dont what, Maze? Go after her? Whos going to stop me?" Maze stayed quiet, grinding her jaw. Good, Lucifer thought, she wasnt supposed to be ordering him around to begin with. The devil didnt take too kindly to being ordered around. Lucifer turned back to the crowd, downing his drink in one swallow. His eyes roamed over the rest of the crowd, seeing plenty of women but thinking about only one; Lorelai.

Ill find her, he thought.

* * *

"Fuck Im late!" I cursed under my breath as I hurried to grab my bag off the chair. It was saturday morning and I had slept through my alarm. Jade and I had returned back to our dorm late last night and had both stumbled to bed. Now, I raced around our room, looking for the rest of my uniform as I tried to hurriedly head off to work. I worked at a small coffee shop called The Mud House. It was close to our university campus and paid pretty well considering it was a small business. I had worked there for almost two years now and loved every minute of it. "Aha!" I said as I found the brown baseball cap that all employees were required to wear. Jade groaned and turned over in bed, covering her head with her pillow. She had apparently had way more to drink than I did last night and was not handling it well. "Take an advil and drink lots of fluids" I said to her before hurrying out.