Chapter Eleven: Distractions

We had apparently met everyone he had wanted me to meet, so we headed out. Not before Detective Decker gave Lucifer a stern warning about coming back though. Lucifer brushed her off, saying that he would be back when he was available. This had Chloe rolling her eyes and turning back to her work. I wondered how they ever solved anything and felt a tad bit guilty for calling Lucifer to begin with. We had decided to go back to his place so I could pick up my vespa and drive it back. I hoped that when I got there Jade would be there, we needed to sort out our problems and move on. Was I dreading it? Absolutely. But I knew it had to be done, so when Lucifer suggested I stay over for a while I politely declined.

We finally reached Lux and he pulled up right next to my vespa, giving it a questioning look. I turned to him and saw him watching me carefully. I reached out, caressing his face softly. My fingers brushed over his stubble and I was reminded of what that stubble had felt like in my inner thigh. I met his eyes, snapping out of my lewd thoughts. "Thank you for coming to get me today, it meant a lot." He caught my fingers in his own, bringing them to his lips and kissing them. "Of course, darling. Anytime you need me, you just call." I smirked slightly, "sounds like your trying to proposition me to make a deal with the devil." I grinned and he shook his head, leaning toward me. "Always, darling." He kissed me gently, his hand lightly turning my cheek towards him. I leaned in, deepening our kiss and putting my hand over his. I pulled away slightly, kissing him once, twice more before removing myself from his grasp. "I need to go," I murmured, a wistfulness in my voice. He sighed, nodding and sitting back.

I bit my lip, watching him watch me for a minute. "When can I see you again?" I asked. My words ignited a small light to go off in his eyes, although he covered it up with that devilish smirk of his. "Call me tonight, when youre finished with Jade and we'll see."

"Okay, thanks again." I leaned over to peck his cheek before leaving his car and walking over to my vespa. I strapped my bag down and climbed on, starting it and giving Lucifer a final wave before pulling out of the parking lot. I drove back to the dorm slowly, hoping Jade would be there and trying to figure out what I would say to her. I sighed, just be calm, Lor. Youll get through to her.

When I finally got home I was surprised to see Jade sitting in our common room. She looked up at me when I walked in and I froze, honestly not thinking she would have been there. She regarded me coolly and I mentally pulled up my big girl panties, okay Lor. No time like the present. "Jade we need to talk," she looked back down at the books in front of her, answering in a cool tone. "About what?"

"You know damn well about what," I said. My words were sharp but my soft spoken tone made her head snap up, she stayed silent so I continued. "Im sorry about the things I said. I didnt mean them. Im also sorry about not calling you, it was stupid and reckless and I shouldve known you'd worry even if we were fighting." I sighed, shrugging my shoulders before sitting in the love seat next to the couch. Her hard gaze stayed firm for a moment then, I watched as she slowly started to crumble. Her shoulders finally slumped and she lifted a hand to her forehead, holding it while her eyes closed. When she looked back at me she had a sad smile on her face. "Im pretty sure I was the one who was supposed to crack first."

A relieved chuckle escaped me and I moved over to the couch, moving her books as we wrapped each other in each others arms. "Im sorry Lor, I shouldnt have been such a bitch. Im also sorry for causing a scene. I was just so relieved to see you and then angry that you scared the hell out of me, not that thats an excuse, but still." I rested my head on top of hers, feeling a weight being lifted from my chest. "Its okay, Ive done the same to you."

"But thats just it, you never blow up like I did. Especially not in class." I chuckled, staring at the wall but seeing all the times Jade had scared me like that and there had been quite a few. "Yeah but youre the theatrical one, so its to be expected." She laughed. "Im sorry for not respecting your right to your virginity too, that was crossing a line." I stilled, wondering how to approach our next conversation. Jade must have felt me stiffen up because she pulled away from me to look me squarely in the eye. She rose an eyebrow, questioningly. "Lor? What arent you telling me?"