Chapter Twenty One: The Attack

It was dark out and both my head and my heart hurt so much. What was I going to do? Lucifer was the devil, the real thing, and I was falling for him. How was that possible? He had told me everything, about his father, the fall, life in hell and on earth. It was amazing to listen to, but some of it scared me, not because of the content, but because of the realization that I was apart of a much bigger universe than I had ever dreamed. His story had brought tears to my eyes at times, my heart breaking as he described what it was like to walk amongst people who blamed you for everything, who made you out to be this evil person. It hurt because I knew with all my heart that that wasnt him, not the man I knew.

I had a lot to think about. Did I care about him? Of course, but what would this mean for us? Surely we couldnt be together forever, his immortality and all that, but would there be other problems? He technically was an angel, and how could anyone compare to that? My heart hurt at the thought of losing him, but what would this all mean? I had so many questions with no answers, but the one thing I was sure about was that I needed some time to think about all of this.

I was walking down the alley, towards where my vespa was parked when it happened. A scuffling sound came from behind me and just as I was turning around I was forcefully shoved to the ground. My breath was knocked out of me and before I could even scream, I was being kicked hard in the stomach. They kicked me over and over, each blow hitting a different spot, but connecting the pain together so a dull ache began in my entire body.

I wheezed, my eyes screwing shut as pain enveloped me. My attacker kicked me again, in the hip this time and I groaned. "You," they growled, grabbing me around the neck and squeezing. They straddled me, their weight not overly heavy, but now pressing on all of the sore spots they had just created. I thrashed, trying to buck them off of me, but they wouldn't move. "You stay away from him! Hes mine!" I couldnt breathe. They were cutting off my oxygen, causing black spot to fill my vision and I desperately gripped at their hands, trying to pull them away from me. My survival instincts kicked in at once, and again I tried to free myself, feeling my body begin to grow weak from lack of air. Just when I thought I was going to black out they let go and I greedily dragged in a raged breath.

But just like before, that wasnt the end. They lashed out, punching me hard in the face. Then, as a ringing sounded in my ears, my attacker lifted my head and smacked it down hard onto the pavement.

I blacked out.

* * *

Light and noise came to me, too bright and too loud. My head felt fuzzy and I couldnt open my eyes. Lucifer, I thought, where is he? I tried to let my hearing adjust, but it was taking too long. I inhaled and gasped as pain, so sharp, cut through me. It startled me awake and my eyes flew open. White light blinded me and my eyes moved around the room unseeing. Lucifer! I thought, I need to see him! Where is he!?

"Shh, its okay, youre safe." A soft voice filled my ears and I jerked away, terror replacing my confusion. Finally my eyes adjusted and though my vision was blurry, I could identify the woman beside me.

Chloe Decker.

"Where-" my voice was hoarse, I could barely speak. I tried to clear my throat but gasped as more pain ran through me. "Here," Chloe handed me a paper cup filed with water. I reached for it, noticing then how badly I was shaking. When I was finally able to bring the water to my lips, I drank greedily, finishing it off in mere seconds. "Where am I?" I croaked. The water had allowed me to speak, but my voice was still nowhere near normal sounding. Chloe gave me a sympathetic look. "Youre in the ER at the hospital. A by-standard found you and called it in. Because you were attacked at the same site of a murder, I was informed." Murder? I thought, what murder? But if Chloe noticed my confusion, she didnt comment on it, only continued on. "When we found you we rushed you to the hospital. I called Lucifer a few minutes ago, he should be on his way."

Capture My Soul: A Lucifer FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara