Chapter Thirteen: Jellybeans

Rylie's POV

After we got back to Mt. Justice and got a good night's sleep, it was back to business as usual. The morning went by pretty quickly, a few hours training here, hanging out with Rob there, the usual, and Wally and I met up for training after lunch. He was getting better, but the bold speedster still needed work on the bars if he was going to pass the newest set of course tests. I was upside down on the silks Robin and I had set up the week before when he walked in.

"Hey Al." He said as he passed me, heading straight for the bars. His voice had a steely tone to it, and he didn't even call me Alli Cat or try to flirt. He'd been like that all morning. It didn't take a genius to tell that something was bothering him. I quickly flipped over and twirled my way out of the silks just as he was about to jump onto the bars. I shook my head at him.

"Uh uh. Spar time." I breezed past him and into the sparring area, wrapping my hands in cloth as I went. Just as I had suspected, Wally followed. I tossed him a pair of kickboxing gloves before putting my own and jumping into the arena. Wally got in a fighter's stance, and it was on faster then you could say 'kid flash'.

"Why the change of plans with training?" He asked as he dodged a kick he sent my way. I shrugged and blocked his jabs, careful to avoid his other hand as he swung it.

"We both need to blow off steam. I'm pissed at Bats for not thinking I can handle myself because of what happened. You? I haven't figured that out yet." His expression shifted to slight anger as he took another hit to the stomach. He was getting sloppier with his moves, not thinking about where I would hit next.

"I'm not mad at anything." He growled. I ducked his kick and swept his remaining foot out from under him. He fell to the ground.

"West, you've been off all day. It doesn't take a detective to tell that you're upset. What's bugging you?" I extended a hand to help him up, but he pushed it away as he got to his feet.

"It's nothing, Alli." He growled again, clearly not wanting to talk, but he wasn't getting off the hook that easily. It wasn't nothing. I knew Wally way too well for it to just be nothing.

"Come on Wally. You're grumpier then Connor when he first wakes up, and we all know know how bad he can get. Why are you so pissed? Did you lose an argument with Artemis again?" As soon as I said it, I regretted it. Wally's eyes turned from slightly annoyed to full out flamethrowers in a millisecond, and he practically screamed at me,

"You know what? Fine. I am pissed. I'm pissed because we kissed and flirted and were back to being friends and maybe something more and then that stupid arrow wielding asshole comes along and puts his arm around you and compliments you and flirts with you and-" I cut him off by pressing my mouth to his and wrapping my arms around his neck. He went blank for a second, but responded in a flash, his arm wrapping around my waist as his other hand got tangled in my hair.

We broke apart a few moments later, and I wrapped my speedster in a hug.

"Do you honestly think I would date Roy, you dumbass?" I crooned. "He's like my annoying older brother. Even though I'm in no short supply of those."

"He was flirting last night." Wally huffed as he buried his face in my hair.

"And you got jealous."

"Doesn't help when every guy in the universe thinks you're hot." I smiled and pushed on his shoulders so I could see his face.

"Ehhh, who cares about them? I've got my speedster." I pecked his cheek. He chuckled softly and wrapped me in another hug.

"And I've got my Alli Cat. You do know that your brother's going to kill us when he finds out." He whispered.

"More like chew you out and have Connor throw you across the country, but yeah." Came a new voice. I opened my eyes to see my twin standing behind Wally with his arms crossed over his chest.

"And he's behind me, isn't he?"

❇❇❇

"I go to get you two for a training exercise, thinking that you're training down here, and instead I find my best friend kissing my LITTLE SISTER!" Rob was fuming, pacing back and forth in front of us like he was chastising his two kids.

Now, I could put up with a lot of things, but my brother yelling at me for kissing Wally when he'd been with Barbara for almost two years and didn't even think to tell me? Oh no, I was not going put up with that.

"I'm only younger by six minutes, and he's my best friend too, Rob!" I retorted, anger bubbling up in me.

"Best friends don't kiss!" He yelled back. "And you're too young to have a boyfriend!"

"Oh, I'm too young?!" I lowered my voice so that only the three of us could hear. "Says the boy who's been dating Barbara Gordon since he was 12! And yes, I keep up with the news in Gotham." My brother's face turned bright red.

"That's... That's different!"

"Guys.." Wally started.

"No it's not! How is your love life any different from mine?!"

"Because I'm not dating my twins best friend!"

"Oh don't even! I was friends with Babs before you even knew she existed!"

"Guys!" Wally yelled over us both. We stopped and turned to him.

"We have a training exercise to get to, so like it or not, we'll settle this later."

"And we will settle it." Robin growled as he stepped in-between Wally and I as we headed to our training. I glared at my twin, thinking to myself, why can't you just be happy for me, Ricky?

A/n: hello my lovelies! Wow, Thirteen chapters already! Next few chapters are going to be some of the more challenging ones to write, but I think they'll be fine. Failsafe was one of those episodes where you had all these emotional scenes and so much was realized, so I'm excited to tackle it. Can't wait for you to read it! Oh and to Lia023_, who asked for more updates, they are on the way sweetie. Keep reading!

Love, Percyslilsister.

The Lost Grayson (Young Justice) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara