Chapter Eighteen: Injured

Wally's POV

I woke up the morning after the party with a smile on my face. Alli was coming over! Finally she'd get to meet my parents. She was all that was on my mind during school, and I couldn't wait to see her at training after.

I practically ran at top speed to the Zeta tubes after class, ready to see what Canary had for us, when I found the place practically deserted.

"Guys?" I called out. Suddenly Alli, already in her training clothes and looking as hot as ever, stomped out of the gym.

"Honestly Rob, it looks worse then it is!" Her eyes went wide when she saw me, and mine did the same when I caught a good glimpse of her right eye. It was a dark purple and practically swollen shut. I dashed over to her and looked her over, checking for any more injuries.

"Babe! What happened?"

"Wally I'm fine! It's just a black eye. I had to deal with some nasty Mafia members last night and one of them landed a decent hit. Now can everyone please stop obsessing over it!?" She growled before jogging off. I heard her door slam and turned to her twin.

"Canary wouldn't let her train since her eye's swollen shut. As you can tell, she didn't like that too much."

"But she usually takes down Mafia members with her eyes closed. Someone would have to have hit her multiple times to do that amount of damage."

"Yeah, because she did get hit there last night. But not by a Mafia member." Artemis chimed in, walking up next to us.

"Like you would know anything." I scoffed.

"Actually, both Artemis and I went with her on patrol last night." Called Zatanna, appearing next to Robin. "And it wasn't exactly the usual robbers and gunmen kind of night."

"Oh don't tell me..." Rob started.

"They ran into a CK. And one Alli knew by the looks of it." Canary finished as she strode up behind us, our other teammates in tow.

Artemis and Z took turns relaying us the story, and Connor was fuming by the end of it.

"This is what those people think science is?! Hurting people, making them kill their own families?!"

"Pretty much." Robin sighed as I headed off to Rylie's room. She groaned when I knocked on the door. I took that as an okay to enter. She was in the bathroom, staring at her reflection, touching and poking at the bruise.

"Damn it Alli, you you've bearly been on the team a month and already your injured. Ugh, maybe bats was right. Maybe I'm not ready for this." She sighs as I leaned against the doorframe, watching her for a moment. She had come so far, worked so hard to get back to her full strength. To see her berating herself tore me up inside.

"Hey babe."

"Yeah Wally?"

"You ran off kinda fast back there. You okay?" I asked. She sighed and turned to me.

"Hmm let me think. I have a black eye on the day im supposed to meet my boyfriend's parents, which I'm already stressed out about, bats thinks I'm slacking off, and hey, to top it all off, I can't even train to get my mind off of it. Do I sound okay?" She stopped. "Sorry, didn't mean to go off on you like that."

"Hey, it's okay. You're a little stressed." I said as I walked over to her.

"Tell me about it. Ugh, and I thought I hated what I see in the mirror before." I frowned.

"Hey, you know what I see in that mirror?" I whispered as I kissed the top of her head. "I see a girl with amazing hair that I love to play with as she sleeps in my lap after a long night of saving the world, " I kissed her cheek, right where her dimple would be if she was smiling. "adorable dimples that show up when she smirks at me," I brushed her hair out of the way gently and kissed her jaw. "A jaw that could cut glass," I softly kissed her neck. "A small scar right on her neck that drives her crazy when I kiss it," I wrapped my arms around her waist. "A waist the perfect size for me to do this, but most of all I see my beautiful kickass of a girlfriend. I see you. " She smiles and places her hands over mine.

"That may just be the sweetest thing you've ever said West." I smirk.

"Now if you'll only stop getting hit in the face..."

"Don't start Wally." She said with a laugh and roll of her eyes. "Ugh, this is not how I wanted to meet your parents."

"You know that we're just worried about you, right? Especially me and Rob."

"I know. I just wanted today to go so perfectly, and now I have this to worry about."

"Don't worry about it, babe. I'm sure Zatanna will put a glamour over it if you really want, but you look fine." I kissed her shoulder gently before turning her around in my arms. "You're gorgeous, Alli Cat. Always have been, always will be."

"Thanks Wally. And don't call me Alli Cat." She smiled, one of her rare million dollar smiles that made me feel like I could run around the world in seconds. "Now, I'm going to go talk to Zatanna and then get ready, because as much as your pep talk helped, we don't need your parents getting suspicious. Being a superhero may be my day job, but I'm just your girlfriend tonight, West." She smirked and kissed me before walking off. Damn, she's hot. I thought with a smirk as I went to go train with the others. My parents are going to love her.