Chapter Twenty-four: Insecurity

"Recognized, Nightingale B08." I walked into the training area after putting in my contacts just as my leader and Aquaman came in from the other room.

"King Orin, Kald'r. What's this mission I'm needed for?"

"Nightingale, we have intel that Klairon the Witch Boy is working on a scheme. We need you to tail Klairon and find out who he's working with and what he's working on. Red arrow, Kid, Artemis, and I will be tailing Sportsmaster. If they rendezvous, we'll join you." I nodded, the steely cold glare returning to my eyes. And just like that, Nightingale was back at it.

"Where can I find him?"

Klairon and I went way back. He was one of the first foes I faced on my own. Just before everything happened. And like the first time I faced him, Witch Boy was going down.

"His last known location is already in your bike's GPS." I gave a quick nod.

"Then I'm already on it."

"Be careful young one. Klairon isn't an easy track." I nodded as the three of us headed to my room so I could grab my suit.

"I will be. But don't worry too much you two. I'm not such a little bird anymore." I waved and headed in to get suited up, leaving the two behind me.

"There's my favorite kickass. " I smirked as I saw Red Arrow standing by my bike when I came to grab it a few minutes later, my hair still a mess and my eyes still adjusting to the mask I had slapped on.

"You know it." I got up on my tiptoes to muss up his hair. "Nice to see someone finally came to his senses."

"Hey I-" I cut him off with a chuckle and a playful punch to the arm, letting him know I was screwing around.

"Kidding Red. Rob told me what happened. Had I been there, I probably would have gone with you." I looked up at the security cameras with a playful smirk. "But no offense Bats!" Roy chuckled and put his arm around me.

"Still don't really give a damn about if Batman hates you or not, do you Alli?"

"Never have never will. I'm not his sidekick anymore. Just like someone else I know. But why are you here? I know you don't care about pleasing Oliver. If this is about the mole-" I could feel his glare through the mask as his arm slid away from my waist and crossed over the other at his chest.

"You know that's what it is. You have a Martian, the daughter of two wanted criminals, and a Cadmus experiment wandering through Mt. Justice!" I growled. Did he forget already?

"Hey, Superboy didn't ask to be created! And I was an experiment too! And trust me if there was ever a branch of Cadmus left, Connor and I'd be first in line to destroy everything. And Miss M's too naive to be a spy. "

"So you think it's Artemis." I crossed my arms, getting more and more frustrated now.

"I think someone is pissed he got replaced and is taking it out on the rookie. Information​ gets leaked on accident once in a while. You and I have both seen it. "

"We both know there's something not right about this time Alli! Why can't you just believe me!" He screamed and my voice rose to match his, anger bubbling up in me.

"Because you're wrong and you're putting doubts in the team's heads and making everyone question each other! We're a team. Don't make us enemies. We have enough of those as it is. Just..." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair as I braided it. "Try to get along with them. They've been on this team longer than you. And at the rate you're going, longer than you'll ever be. If you can't do it for me, do it for Rob, Kaldur, and Wally. They all look up to you. And once upon a time, you were friends."