Tag of Thirteen, Tag of No Name, and Writing Tips

Hello and welcome to what you thought was a chapter but really isn't.

I've been tagged by Good_Night_Lock to do the Tag of Thirteen (thirteen facts about yourself) and hopegirl518 to do a tag...with no real name, so I'll be doing that here :)

----------

Tag of Thirteen

1. I was twelve when I wrote THGP...shocking, or maybe it explains why it's kinda bad :P

2. I recently finished the Heroes of Olympus (don't judge) and it was awesome!

3. I first read The Hunger Games in 6th grade, but have read it multiple times afterwards.

4. Sometimes I use headphones like speakers. I plug in my headphones, boot the sound up, and set the headphones on the table. It sounds stupid but it works...

5. I am bilingual, working my way to trilingual and hopefully pentalingual <is that a word???

6. This will sound really confusing but I took 3 semesters of 1st grade and 3 semesters of 2nd grade. In Asia a lot of schools have the first semester from January-June then the second from July-December, and I went from the American system (Fall semester, then spring semester), to the Asian system, then back to the American system...So technically I'm behind a grade but I have a summer birthday so...go figure

7. My first fandom was Harry Potter, I was 8 or 9?

8. Liberal Arts over STEM subjects any day...math is my enemy while English is my best friend.

9. I'm a bit obsessed with telephone cord hair ties...got almost 50 different ones now!

10. I play the flute and french horn and love Concert Band <3

11. My MBTI is INFJ if any of you get what that means (cookies for you if you do).

12. I have a final exam tomorrow for a summer course, wish me luck xx

13. I will be writing an original novel after MJP, hope yall are excited!!!

----------

Tag of No Name

(rules as stated by hopegirl518)

You must post five facts about yourself on your account.You have one week to do this or Umbridge will be at your door.You must mention these rules.No backing outTag fifteen people

Here we go...

1. I am from none other than the wonderful North Cal.

2. I love scary rides but hate haunted houses.

3. I love to self study but when it comes to school...not so much.

4. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, other rhythmic gymnasts will understand...

5. I don't play many games but when I do, it's slither.io.

----------

I tag these people for being great supporters of the THGP Prim series:

20charlie11

SYCO_GIRL_NINJA

THUNDER_MONKEY

twistedskies

Frizzy03131

AmilaLove

determinedbutterfly

_dewdrop__

Madz1262

MadeBooks8

EemanRShah

RebelGirl_MOCKINGJAY

ksuch16

DystopianGirl52

RyWritesStories

This should be enough...right?

----------

Writing Tips
I'm not a professional, just a girl who loves to write <3

1. Keep a journal of writing ideas.

Don't think of it as an assignment...it's no fun that way! Just have it handy so that when ideas come to you, you won't forget them. I find it really useful and when an idea hits me I just start typing out all my thoughts before I forget them. It's fine if it's messy. It doesn't matter. U can even write like ur texting, bcz that makes it so much more fun, and go crazy with exclamation points! My entries all start with something along the lines of "GUESS WHAT, NEW BEST IDEA....EVER!!!!!!!!!"

2. Write something you want to write.

Now this is pretty self explanatory. When you start writing a story, make sure it makes sense to you and makes you want to write. It should make you excited, not tired, when you write each chapter. If you don't like the idea, save it for later (I put drafted ideas in my writing journal), and start with something new. If you can't think of any good ideas, either look around for something or just wait for it to come to you. Also, don't write something just to impress people, write something you want to write.

3. Don't rush the ending.

This one is important. First off, make sure the ending makes sense with the rest of the story. Don't write a historical fiction book then suddenly a fairy comes and rescues them from a textbook or something equally as ridiculous. Next, don't just suddenly make a copout. You can get the characters into a problem using coincidences, but not out. And please...don't end with your character waking up from a dream. Just...don't.

4. Outline!

Probably my favorite of them all! Whenever I start a story, I start with a title (it can be a working title or just "title"), genre, and theme. From there, I think of the setting and write about the different places in the the story, and the characters that will be in it. I describe those places and people so that the story starts to come alive. Then my favorite part: outlining. I do something I like to call "chapter outlining" and that basically means I write what the things that will happen in each chapter. These outlines are usually 3-5 sentences and are short but will help me when I write the story. It really helps with the previous tip too, because you think of an ending beforehand and write towards it.

5. EDIT your work.

Please. I know I didn't do this when I first started writing THGP and that was a huge mistake. About a year later I read through and facepalmed at all the mistakes and typos I had made. Don't be like me. I'm editing the whole series, chapter by chapter. Edit your chapters before publishing so that you don't have to come back to it.

*But while writing, DON'T EDIT. This usually kills your flow. Just keep writing until the end and don't look back until you're done. Then you can go to the top and start reading what you've wrote.

----------

So that's all I've got for now, I hope this was interesting for you guys!

I will have the next chapter out by tonight, hope you're looking forward to it :)

Love you guys to the moon and back!

-Monica