One Shot Contest: Results

It's been a while since MJP has ended, but the epilogue is still to be revealed! I loved every single entry I received, and would like to thank everyone who made a submission. They were all so good but it's still a contest, so I give to you, the MJP one shot contest results!

Third Place: ImNotCrazyImAFangirl
My favorite thing about this piece was how well it tied in with the story! It could stand by itself but works so well with Mockingjay. The ending was fantastic. Excerpt:

" How did you guys find one of the graves?" I ask as I lower myself in.

" I'm not sure, I turned around and she was moaning and bleeding and there was so much blood-"

" Azalea. Calm down." Azalea shuts her mouth and watches me.

I glance at the body and freeze for a moment, because I recognize the body. It's Madge, Katniss' old friend.

Looking away, I shake my head and gently pick Senna up. I lift her out and then climb out.

" What were you two doing?" I scold.
" W-we were playing a game," Senna says, her lip trembling.
I open my mouth, about to scold them again, but then I remember another 

I suppose I should scold them.

But there are much worse games to play.

Second Place: derp_katniss
What was nice about the piece was the mood and tone. The choice of words and sentence lengths were absolutely gorgeous! Excerpt:

Looking at my district and all the happiness in it, I finally know how I'll tell my daughter about the world we had endured. I know how I'll tell her about the battle wounds and scars Rory and I got from the Games and Capitol.

I'll tell her that my nightmares came from the Games and Snow, and how they won't really go away, that what I suffered will stay with me forever, like how lashes from the whip will stay on Rory's back until he dies.

I'll tell her about my friends in the arena. Rue, who was always ready for an adventure and stuck by my side. Sweet, caring Finnick, who made sure I was okay and made me happy. Noah, who kept me going even in the worst of times, who gave me hope when I swam through a sea of despair back in Thirteen. Katniss, who helped me see everything and was my greatest confidante in everything. And Rory, who brought out the best in me and healed the wounds I'd gotten from Snow, like I healed him.

I'll tell her about Boggs and the Star Squad, who were willing to sacrifice themselves for me, because they knew, had faith, that I would successfully carry out the mission and kill Snow, end the Games and make life in the districts better. That they gave their all to the mission, sacrificing their souls and lives for me. 

First Place: ReadingisLiving8
Very very well written. I have no words. The originality went through the roof! The full epilogue will be posted in the next chapter :) I hope you guys enjoy it, because I certainly did!