Chapter 8 - Don't Feel Like Dancing

FER

Whoever is at the door, doesn't understand that if they knock and no one answers they should leave. Even with the pillow over my head and no aids I can hear their insistence. Why isn't Ale answering it?

As I grab my phone to check the time, I see a missed call from my brother 15 minutes ago. When I tick on it, I see we talked five minutes before that one. What did we talk about then?

The knock on the door becomes a pounding and a loud groan escapes me as I throw my pillow to the other side of the room and stand up. Who the fuck is it and what do they want? I'm not expecting anything in the mail and obviously didn't order food. I hear loud curses at the other side of the door, and when I open it I find the dancer girl outside. Fuck my life! What is she doing here? How does she know where I live?

"Why the hell aren't you at my studio?" She asks in a tone short of yelling.

"I forgot," I say. Conveniently forgot.

"How could you forget? Don't you talk with your brother? He had to be there at the same time."

"Just because we live under the same roof doesn't mean I know everything that happens," I say irritated.

"I find that hard to believe."

"I don't give a damn if you believe it or not."

The disbelief and anger flows back into my body as I remember what happened last night and the reason I couldn't fall asleep. I went to Javier's room to ask if he was ready to go to his mom and saw him stuffing something in his underwear drawer. The window in his room was wide open even though it was raining hard and the distinctive scent of weed hung in the air. He paled and looked at me with wide blood-shot eyes. I pushed him out of the way and opened the drawer where I found two joints and a lighter.

I still can't believe he was using drugs under my roof. This is a betrayal to our relationship. He complains that his mother treats him like a child and now I understand why she does it. I treat him like a man and he goes over the boundaries in no time! I yelled at him, which I never do, and he yelled back, told me he hates me.

It broke my heart to remember that I said the same thing to my father when all he wanted was to help me.

"What was your name again?" I ask, trying to clear my head from the recent events.

"Madison. Madison Turner."

"Melanie, I had a rough night and don't feel like dancing," I hope using her name wrongly will piss her even more, but she chuckles. "What's so funny?"

"That's the name of a song. You know, Fernando? I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters."

Annoyance washes over me at the use of my full name and how she stretches the 'r'.

She then starts singing a bit of the song while wiggling her body. "Such a fun song, brings good memories."

"You have the worst taste in music!" 

"I have an impeccable taste in music, enjoy many genres from different decades. That's why I picked Kryptonite for our quickstep dance."

"That is what you are to me. I'm Superman and you will be my death."

Madison's cheeks flush in annoyance and I feel my lips curling into a smile.

"You probably should wear more than a t-shirt and a pair of boxers," she points at my bare legs and walks roughly by me. "We need to get started."

"Wait! I didn't say you could come inside!" I receive a glare from her.

Fuck my life, she won't leave until we are over with this. I haven't even showered and... That's it! I pick a pair of sweatpants from the dirty laundry basket and don't bother to put on deodorant or brush my teeth. Maybe foul body odor will scare her away. I also leave my aids on the night table. As I come back, I find Madison moving my furniture towards the walls.