Chapter 21 - Rage

FER

It's past three in the morning and Ale isn't back yet. If we were at home, I wouldn't worry too much as I know the places he frequents and the people who know him keep an eye out for me. The crew guys must be back already as they need to move to another location in a few hours.

I'm tempted to call Madison and check if Cadence knows where he went, but they are probably sleeping and even though she's so polite, I don't doubt she can rip my head off after two bad nights of sleep. Madison tried her best during our dance lesson, but she wasn't energetic as usually.

If it wasn't for something that happened during dinner that made me suspicious, I wouldn't be so worried.

We had a successful first day at the beach event where we did ten-minute long live broadcasts every half hour sponsored by a sunblock brand. A bunch of girls flashed their boobs at us, a guy kissed Ale's mouth during one of the live segments and I got a bucket of sea water over my back. In other words, the usual.

The only thing missing was having Madison around, but I understand how she feels. College kids can be... Intense, for lack of a better word.

After the show, I took a shower and called Mom to check on Javi. He begged me to bring him here. I laughed and told him to remember his current situation the next time he buys weed. When I arrived at the restaurant, most of the crew was relaxing and having a drink. Ale was there too and frowned at his phone.

"Did everyone order already?" I asked as I sat next to him.

Ale's eyes moved as he read.

"Ale?"

"What the fuck do you want?"

"I asked if everyone ordered food already."

"No, we are still waiting for a few people," he said after throwing the phone on the table.

A few girls approached us to ask for a photo. We posed with them while someone else took it and Ale's smile disappeared the moment the girls left. During dinner, he barely touched his plate of pasta which he loves and didn't talk much further.

"All right, this is Spring Break and we are also here to party! Who's in?" Ale called to the table.

Many of the crew guys won't pass the chance to drink and get laid and jumped at his proposal. I finished my beer as they left and right when I was about to take the elevator to our suite, I saw Bailey and Ale talking. His face expressed shock but the crew guys called him and he left. I wonder what she told him.

The doorknob rattles and I hear a loud curse outside. When I open the door, I find an intoxicated Ale trying to pick the hotel key card from the floor. A strong alcohol stench reaches my nostrils. I hold him as he sways but he falls on his knees. I've seen him drunk many times, but never in this state.

"What the fuck Ale! Where have you been? It's past three in the morning! Everyone must be back already."

"Go. Away," he pushes me and crawls into the room.

Ale holds onto one of the cabinets, opens the mini bar and grabs a small bottle of liquor.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Put that back! You are already drunk!"

"Fer, this is a warning... Fuck... Off..." He replies in a slurry voice as he fights to open bottle. Once he manages, half of the contents make it to the carpet.

"Did the crew get wasted like you or did you go solo?"

Ale throws a glass tumbler at me so quickly I can only flinch as it crashes against the wall and shatters in pieces. My cheek stings and I touch it; blood covers my fingers.