3- What the hell?

Author's Note

I never realized how ugly school gym uniforms are until I googled them. Anyways, I hope you all are having a good summer! 

******

Recap-

"Then stop being such an idiot," I was digging my own grave.

"You bîtch!" she moved to slap my face, but before she could get close, a large hand stopped it and pushed her away.

"Get off of our mate!" I saw Axel and Blake standing there, looking angry as hell.

Wait, why'd he call me his mate?

******

I stared with my mouth open at what was happening in front of me. Once I had asked the question, everyone paused what they were doing. They were staring at each other, with worried looks on their faces, and took a step back from me in unison. I had no idea what was going on, and just stared at them with an annoyed look in my face. It they wouldn't tell me, then I would just leave. So I grabbed my backpack, slung it over my shoulder, and walked away from them.

No time for drama, I reminded myself. Everything crazy that had happened today was because of those twins, so I would stay away from them. Yea I'm lame, but I didn't have time to worry about my social life, I just needed to get into college.

"What the hell is going on?" I said to myself as I unlocked my locker. I scratched the top of my head in confusion as I thought over what had happened in the cafeteria.

"Talking to yourself?" I looked up, and saw Aaron leaning on the locker besides mine, staring at me with a soft smile on his face.

"No, pshh," I grabbed my math textbook out of my locker. "I was talking to my angels."

"I thought I was your angel," Aaron pouted.

"You are my angel," he lit up. "If you get me some food, I'm starving."

"Of course," he patted his pockets, opened his backpack, then grinned once he found something. He waved a large chocolate chip cookie in my face. "Here you go." He handed it to me. "Anything for my Ems."

"Thank you big A!" I immediately opened the package and started shoving the cookie into my mouth. I was trying to chew it up when I saw Aaron laughing. "What?" My voice sounded weird because of all the cookie in my throat.

"Need help chewing?" Aaron pointed to my mouth, as I was having trouble swallowing. I nodded and he put his hand under my chin and moved it up and down. I finally swallowed and poked my tongue out to lick the chocolate around my mouth.

"What?" Aaron was looking at me weirdly. "Do I have chocolate all over my face?" I started rubbing my cheeks, so he pulled out a napkin and used it to wipe all over my face. "Hey! There's no chocolate on my forehead?"

"But there could be," he poked my nose.

"Let's go to gym," I frowned at the thought of my least favorite subject. I mean, I still participated, but after taking so many balls to my face (LOL), I hated gym with a passion.

"'Kay Ems," the bell rang, signaling we only had a few minutes to get to the gym, which, of course, was on another floor and on the opposite side of the school.

"We gotta hurry," I grabbed Aaron's arm and pulled him behind me, but he just chuckled and picked me up.

"Hold on," I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he started running towards the gym. After two minutes, we finally got there, and I heard growls as he placed me on the floor. I turned my head to see the twins standing there looking incredibly angry. They started to walk towards us, but I just waved and ran off to the girl's locker room to change.

Usually, I used a locker to the side, but because I was later then usual, I just put my bag in a random one, grabbed my clothes, and locked it. The gym uniforms were very ugly, but at least our school's colors were nice. They were royal blue and white, but they looked better on the sports uniforms then on the tacky gym clothes.

As I pulled my shorts on, I noticed that my uniform was a size too small. The shirt was too tight over my chest, and the shorts reached to the middle of my thighs, instead of to my knees. Aaron got my uniforms for me because all the gym teachers loved him, but I had forgotten to ask him to get me another one.

I stepped outside of the stall I was changing in, went to the hallway, and then walked up the stairs to the gym. As I walked in, I noticed that guys were staring at me with weird grins on their faces, while the girls were glaring at me. I pulled my hair tie off and redid my ponytail as I walked to Aaron.

"Did I miss anything?" I sat down next to him.

"No," he gave me a once over. "But that uniform looks nice on you." I blushed and looked down at my clothes.

"It's too tight," I pulled the shirt away from my stomach and then released it. "I need a new one." I rubbed my shoulder against his. "Wanna get me one?"

"Hmmm," he touched his pointed finger to his chin.

"Please," I clutched his arm. "I'll bake you a cake."

"Okey-dokey!" he smiled like a little kid. The gym teachers walked in with the twins, whose eyes focused on me once they walked it. Did I just see their eyes flash black? I glanced towards Aaron, but all he was doing was glaring at them.

"Kids," our gym teacher, Coach Mahoney, yelled. I cringed at his loud voice. "These are new students, named Blake and Axel, now be nice, they're going to be star athletes, I can tell." He patted Axel on the back, and Aaron stiffened next to me. I touched his arm.

"You okay?" I was worried because he looked like he needed to punch something.

"Of course Ems," he rested his hand above mine.

"We're playing dodge ball," Coach Mahoney pointed towards the balls (LOL). He put his hand in the middle and gestured for the people in the middle to scoot to the sides. "Team 1," he pointed to the group of students that I was in. "Team 2," he pointed to the other group. "The twins can choose-"

"Team 1," they said in unison. Then, they strode over and stood next to me. I awkwardly smiled up at them.

"Let's start!" Coach Mahoney blew his whistle, and I got up. Balls were being thrown back and forth, and the twins surrounded me so they could block all the balls. I ducked under their arms and ran away. Too much testosterone made me get light-headed. I had taken gymnastics since I was really young, so I was able to move around nimbly. I was even a cheerleader on the school's team. I hated the team, but I was on it because it looked good on my college application, and so that I could cheer on Aaron at his games. Plus, the outfits were cute. I was the only person who could do actual flips and tricks, the others just posed and smiled.

"Emma!" I had zoned out, and as I turned my head, I saw a large red ball flying towards my face. Crap. But before the ball could smack my face, a large hand grabbed it out of the air.

I turned my head to see Blake holding the wall, while looking down at me.

How the hell had he grabbed the ball so fast?

******