23- Sweatshirt

Author's Note

This chapter's kind of short because I'm going to update over the weekend.

And yes, I had to add this song because it's all I thought about while I was writing this chapter. 

:)

*******

Recap-

"Okay angel," Blake sighed. "We'll see you tomorrow, and I can guarantee that we will have a talk about this." He said that right before he walked out with Axel right next to him.

Once they were out of my room, I yelled, "You sound like my dad and I'm not looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!"

That was the best insult I could think to say to them right now, and I ended my exclamation with a loud slam of my door.

At this rate, my door was going to be broken by the end of the week.

******

My alarm was blaring when I woke up. That sound was probably the most annoying thing in the world; it literally made me want to pull my hair out. I was pushing my blanket off of my lap when I touched something furry. I moved my hands, and jumped when I felt the furry thing move.

"Oh my gosh," I pushed away to the opposite side of the bed. "What the-"

There was a very familiar wolf laying on my bed. It took up half the space on my mattress. Its eyes were closed and it was obviously sleeping. I had seen this wolf before. It was the same blonde wolf that had stayed in my room yesterday, until Blake and Axel threw him out the window. I sighed and laid back on the bed, contemplating whether or not I should do something about it.

After about five minutes of me just staring at the wall, I finally snapped out of it. I needed to get ready. So, I just ignored the wild animal on my bed, like a completely insane person would, shut off my alarm, and went to brush my teeth. I looked like hell in the morning, but there's nothing a few swipes of concealer can't fix.

Like every other school morning, I accidentally spent too much time in the bathroom, so I had to rush to pick out some clothes. I went for an outfit that was warm and comfy. Aaron had given me his sweatshirt one day and I had refused to give it back to him because it was so cozy. It was light grey and made me kind of look like a hippo, but I didn't really care at this point. A pair of black leggings and my favorite Uggs completed the ensemble. Everyone at school wore Bean boots when it was cold, but I thought that they looked hideous, so I just wore my Uggs.

"Emma!" I heard my mom yelling my name. "You have five minutes before I leave without you!"

"Coming!" I hurriedly grabbed my backpack, phone, scarf, and coat. I knew my mom wasn't going to leave without me, but I didn't want to rush through my breakfast.

But like usual, I had to rush through my breakfast because me, being so smart, decided to spend an extra three minutes reading a book that I had picked up. I only had time to eat a few strawberries and bites of cereal, so I grabbed a granola bar to go.

******

When I got to school, I tightened my scarf around my neck. It was freezing. It was the kind of cold that hurt. Fortunately, the school probably had the heat on high because it was nice and toasty inside. I kept my head in my book as I went to my locker. I wasn't really in the mood to talk to anyone, and besides, I think my mouth was probably frozen shut because of the cold outside.

Once I unlocked my locker, I heard someone's hand slam against the locker next to mine. My forehead was wrinkled as I glared at the person who had done that. It was Luke. I just rolled my eyes and turned away. 

"No good morning?" he was dressed like he was about to go to the beach. I had no idea how his legs hadn't froze in the pair of shorts he was wearing.

"Hypothermia much?" I mumbled as I grabbed my AP World textbook and placed it on the ground.

"You're worried about me?" he clutched his chest with his hand dramatically. "How sweet."

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes. As I took my coat and scarf off, I could feel his eyes on me. Oddly, I could feel him getting angrier and angrier as seconds passed. I turned to look at him as I shoved my coat into my locker. His fists were clenched and his mouth was in a straight line. There was only one word to describe what his mood was right now: angry. "What's wrong?" I tilted my head and wrinkled my eyebrows together.

"Whose sweatshirt is that?" he snapped.

"None of your business." I turned around and started walking to my homeroom.

"Emma," he grabbed my wrist and spun me around. I let out a shriek when he pulled me against his chest. "Whose sweatshirt is that?"

"None. Of. Your. Business." And with that, I pulled out of his grasp and walked away. I didn't need any of his testosterone-manly-whatever so early in the morning. I had tests and quizzes to study for, and didn't really need or want his crap.

I was so annoyed right now that I couldn't even focus on the words that were written in my book. I was turning the corner to get to the hallway that my homeroom was in when I felt the floor underneath my feet disappear.

"What the...?" I looked up to see Aaron's smiling face. "Oh, Aaron!"

"Ems," he spun me around, and for the first time today, I felt happy, elated even. With Aaron, things were easier because he was just Aaron. No drama, no anger, just Aaron.

"Hey!" I tapped his shoulders so he would put me down. All of his spinning made me dizzy. "You look chirpy."

"Well, I thought that I should give you some of my chirp," he grinned. "You look so grumpy."

"I am grumpy," I played with the sleeves of my sweatshirt.

"I know," he winked. "You always wear my sweatshirt when you feel bîtchy."

"It's my sweatshirt," I wrinkled my nose. 

"Really? Do you want to take a look at the tag on the back and check whose initials are written there?"

"No," I pouted. I was about to say something before I heard a loud ring. "That's the bell, I got to go."

"'Kay, see you later," he kissed me on the cheek. Right after he did that, I hurried off to my homeroom. 

******