34- Cain

Recap-

"Go brush your teeth," he turned his head away from me.

"Okay!" I turned to Blake, whose fists were clenched. I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't happy. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"'Kay, I'll be ready in like 45 minutes," I smiled before I headed over to my bathroom.

Before I closed the door I heard Aaron groaning and saying, "She's going to take forever."

******

True to my word, I only needed 45 minutes to get ready. The thirty extra minutes I spent playing on my phone and just staring into space were what made me "take forever," as Aaron likes to say. 

"Hurry up Ems," he groaned.

"Shut up!" There was nothing more annoying than someone rushing you.

"I'm about to leave," he yelled.

"Then leave," I rolled my eyes.

"Hurry!"

"Okay, I'm done," I slammed open the door and glared at him. "Do you have to be such an impatient äss all the time?"

"Yeah, it's one of my best qualities," he grinned at me and jumped off my bed. "Let's go."

"Wait," I grabbed my bag. "I need to get a few things."

"We're just going to your backyard," he said.

"I know, but I have an injury-- a fact you probably forgot by now."

"Mmhmm."

******

Blake insisted on carrying me downstairs, not that I was complaining. My arms were around his neck and he held me like a bride. I stared at the tiny mole on his chin, marveling at how good he smelled. If they bottled up his scent and sold it, people would fight to get a bottle of it.

"Where's Axel?"

"Probably sleeping on your couch." His thoughts were confirmed when we turned the corner to see Axel snoring on our couch. His head was bent at an angle that would probably give him a neck cramp. 

I patted Blake's arm, "Let me down." He immediately complied, carefully placing my feet onto the floor. I hobbled over to Axel and put my hand against his neck. Trying my hardest not to make a sound, I moved my hand left so that his head was laying at a straight angle. Before I could pull away, Axel grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. "Oh!"

"Good morning baby," he whispered near my ear.

"Good morning," I pushed away from him. If my mom or dad caught me in this position with him, I would be dead. Plus I had already kissed the guy already, and I barely knew him. I needed to get my head together around all these guys. Sure they were good looking, but a girl needs to keep her dignity.

"What are you all doing downstairs?"

"Aaron promised me I could get a horseback ride on him."

"Huh?"

"Yeah," I hobbled out. Aaron opened the door for me and we all headed out to my backyard. "I don't suppose you have a harness or something?"

"A harness?" Aaron laughed. "A harness?"

"Okay, shut up," I rolled my eyes and pushed his shoulder. "Now, how's this gonna work?"

"Back away," Aaron took a few steps from me, and I walked backwards until we were at least 10 feet apart. "And..."

"Oh!" There was a burst of air, and I shut my eyes against the wind. When I opened my eyes a few seconds later, Aaron had disappeared, and a large wolf was in his place. It was panting, and looked really adorable. Like really adorable. Its teeth were sharp and threatening, its eyes were bright red, and it looked like it could kill me in two seconds, but for some reason I just saw it as a really big and cuddly dog. "Awww!"

I hurried towards it and started petting its fur. "Cutie." I ran my fingers through the fur on its head and cooed, "Who's a cutie pie? You're a cutie pie!" The wolf looked up at me with a displeased look. "Geesh, sorry if I offended you."

"His name is Cain," Axel said.

"Cain, like from the Bible?" 

"Sure."

"Good boy, Cain, good boy," I kissed him on the head. "You're so cuuuute!"

"He says to stop calling him cute, that it offends his male pride."

"How's he communicating to you?"

"Werewolves can mind read," Axel answered.

"Oh, yeah," I looked at Cain right in the eye and squished his cheeks together. "Does he like this?"

"No, not at all."

"Sorry," I let go of his cheeks and rubbed his face. "Sorry you big baby." He growled lightly at me, but for some reason I felt safe around him. I saw a big fluffy golden retriever where most would see a volatile wild animal.

"You sure you want to get a piggyback ride from Aaron?" Blake called out. "He's probably the weakest one." 

I jumped when Aaron or Cain growled threateningly at Blake. He bared his teeth and I flinched back when I saw his canines. They were as big as the tips of my fingers.

"Oh!" I fell back onto the grass when Cain jumped on me and started licking my face. "Ew!" I giggled as he licked my cheek and gave me a wolf grin. Before I could even say anything else, Axel came over and pulled Cain off of me. "What are you doing?" Cain tried to bite Axel, but Axel just tossed him to the side.

"A lick to the face is the equivalent of a kiss in werewolf," he grunted.

"So?" I rolled my eyes. "Aaron and I've known each other since we were little kids, does it really matter?"

"It does matter," Axel said. "No man, or wolf, should touch our property."

"Property?" I glared at him. "Are you serious? I thought that in the 21st century, men would know better than to call women property!" 

"I didn't mean it like-"

"Like what?" he stopped talking. "I already told you that I hate when you speak to me like that; it's disrespectful." 

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to offend you."

"Yeah, okay, that's why you consistently say things that I've told you that I don't like," I rolled my eyes. "Come on Cain."

"Be careful," Axel warned.

"I know." Cain crouched in front of me, his paws laid out and his butt set on the ground. "Okay, how do I do this?"

"Sit on the middle of his back and hook your arms around his neck." I did what he said.

"Whoa!" I tightly hooked my arms around his neck when he stood up on his legs. "Wait I have a question."

"Ask away."

"Do you have four legs or two legs and two arms?"

"Four legs."

"Oh okay." I paused. "What do I do next?"

"Hold on tight."

"Okay now what do I-"

Before I could finish my question, Cain started running into the forest.

******