4- Balls Change Lives

Recap-

"Emma!" I had zoned out, and as I turned my head, I saw a large red ball flying towards my face. Crap. But before the ball could smack my face, a large hand grabbed it out of the air.

I turned my head to see Blake holding the wall, while looking down at me.

How the hell had he grabbed the ball so fast?

******

"What... how did you... huh?" I looked at Blake, whose hand was gripping the ball tightly.

"Emma, I just grabbed the ball out of the air," he brushed it off as if it was no big deal. "Most athletes can do that."

"No, you just ran across the room, jumped and grabbed the ball, that's some supernatural stuff," I pursed my lips and looked at him suspiciously. The whole gym was silent, staring at us intently.

"Emma, I just..." he paused. "Used magic." He grinned and tapped my nose. I did the universal hand gesture that meant, what the fück.

"Sureeee," I accepted his answer, but took a step away from him. "Weirdo." I said under my breath. Everyone awkwardly went back to playing the game. I just continued, trying to forget what had just happened.

Once I walked out of the locker room, I went to Coach Jake and waited for him to stop talking to Brad, a football player.

"Hi Emma, what do you need?" he turned around to look at me.

"I just wanted to know what time cheerleading practice was today." Football season started early, so I knew that our team had to practice early.

"Four PM," he looked around and whispered. "You have to help them, I saw them practicing." He cringed.

"Okay thanks." Coach Jake was cool, and good looking to boot. He was actually only 25, and chose to coach the football team fresh out of college. I knew him well because I was always at football practices and games with Aaron.

The rest of the school day was boring, I had no classes with Aaron, Blake, or Axel, so no drama happened. Once the day ended, I headed downstairs to the gym. I had cheerleading practice, which I was dreading. I enjoyed gymnastics, but I hated the other cheerleaders. I had slung my duffel bag over my shoulder, and once I opened the gym doors, all the girls glared at my direction. The captain, Rachel, wasn't mean to me, she knew the team would fail without me, but she still kept her distance.

"Emma!" Rachel waved towards me. "Go change, we need your help." I looked to my side to see most of the cheerleaders on their cell phones, texting, instead of practicing. I went to the locker room to change into our practice clothes. They were cute, designed by one of the cheerleaders' moms.

A pair of white booty shorts were matched with a white sports bra that had navy blue lines as designs. A loose, sheer navy blue shirt covered the bra, with the school's emblem and name on it.

I walked in the gym to see the girls stretching. I joined them and copied what the were doing.

"We're tumbling now," Rachel pointed to the maps that were rolled out already. I started, doing a double tuck and continued to practice my front aerial. Only five girls on the team could actually tumble, the others just yelled the words and held us up on the pyramids. It worked for me, I didn't enjoy screaming. "Let's do the tower." Rachel clapped her hands and we all got into formation. I was at the top of it and I had to jump down and land in the arms of the other girls. It was a risky and scary trick, but it was worth it because it looked super cool.

"We are the Knights!" As the cheerleaders yelled that, I jumped, flipped, and landed. Then, we kept on going with the routine and it went okay. A couple of us fell and missed a step, but it still was good for the first rehearsal. 

"We're done! Go change," the girls murmured as we left, and changed. I just kept my uniform on, I was too lazy. 

I headed to the other gym to go find Aaron, who was at football practice. He was my ride home. Once I walked into the gym, all eyes turned to me. The football players were finishing up, so they were just sitting in front of Coach Jake, listening to him talk. All of the players were sweaty and in their football uniforms. I gulped as I stood at the door and then turned around to walk out.

Before I could leave, Coach Jake stopped me.

"Hey!" he said. "Emma, you're waiting for Aaron right?" I nodded. "Wait on the bleachers, we'll be done in a few." I walked over to the bleachers and sat down on them. As Coach Jake continued to talk, everyone was still staring at me, their eyes were running down my body. I saw Axel and Blake in the group, completely focused on me. "Well Dan has to help the quarterback, and...." I zoned out as he talked about stuff I didn't understand. "Okay, we're done, go change!" He blew in his whistle, and all the players got up. Aaron, Axel, and Blake went over to me. They were covered in sweat.

"Oh don't stand near me!" I leaned away from Blake as he reached over to hug me. "Go shower, you stink." I wrinkled my nose. "I'll wait outside."

"'Kay Ems," Aaron said. They all walked away to the locker rooms, while I held my bag and went to the hallway in front of the boys' locker room. As I leaned against the wall, I almost threw up when I smelled the scent of sweat and too much Axe coming from the doors. As the players started walking out, they winked at me, and stared at my chest and legs for a little too long.

"Hey beautiful," one of them said. I smiled at him and looked towards the locker room, mentally urging Aaron to hurry up.

After five minutes, I saw him and the twins walk out, their hair wet from showering.

"Angel, let's go," Blake grinned as he stood next to Axel.

"Ems, I'm driving you, right?" Aaron said.

"Um, I'll go with....." 

I had no idea who to choose.

******