30- Lazy Day

Author's Note

Lacrosse season just started, so I'm not going to have as much time to update since I have practice every weekday. :(((((( I'll probably be updating every Monday, unless I'm extra busy and can't update until the next week.

******

Recap-

"I forgot to call my parents!" I glanced around the room for my backpack. "They're going to be worrying their butts off!"

"Chill," he said. "I'll call them."

"Okay," I yawned. "These pills are making me sleepy."

"You can go to sleep angel," Blake softly ran his hands through my hair. "We'll be here when you wake up."

"'Kay..."

And I knocked out.

******

When I finally woke up, I felt groggy and sweaty. My mouth was dry, and my back ached from laying in an uncomfortable position for such a long time. As I looked around the room, I saw all the guys laying around the room. They probably felt as crappy as I did right now, but somehow they made bed-head and wrinkled clothing look good. While I had a rats nest on top of my head, they all had perfectly ruffled hair.

"Aaron," I called. He was wrapped around an armchair that was way too small for him. His body was upside-down, and his legs were hanging over the back, and the top of his head was touching the floor. "Aaron!"

"Ow," he was so startled by my voice that his legs had slipped from the top and he had slid down onto the floor. 

"You're awake?" I turned my head to see Blake rubbing his eyes. Aaron's fall had woken everyone up.

"Yea," I yawned and stretched. "How long was I out?"

"Probably about 20 hours," Axel replied. He quickly moved over to my bed and sat on the end of it. Under the blanket, I wiggled my feet and Axel placed his hand over my ankles. "Are you hungry?"

"Not really," I yawned. "I just want to take a shower; I feel gross." My hair got oily really easily, and every time I blinked, I could feel the eye boogers that had formed on the corner of my eyes. I grabbed a hair brush so that I could get all the knots out my hair before I washed it.

"School's cancelled for the whole week, woohoo!" Aaron added. "I guess it's a good thing those wolves came."

"Aaron!" I threw my hair brush at him. "Don't say that."

"Sorry mom," he threw my hair brush back at me. I caught it and put it on the table next to the bed.

"I'm going to take a shower," I threw back the blanket and tried to get up. My legs felt like jello. Axel immediately grabbed my waist, then he hooked his arm under my knees and lifted me up.

"I'll help you," he carried me over to the bathroom that was connected to the hospital room and carefully placed me on the seat that they had in there. "Do you need help getting undressed?"

"Yea...." I blushed. "I just need you to untie this." I turned around so that he could do so.

"Of course." He brushed his fingers against my neck and moved my hair to the side. Once he untied the knot, my whole back was bare. All I was wearing under the hospital gown was a pair of underwear. A particularly ugly pair of underwear.

"Thank you," I held the gown against my chest.

"You sure you don't need any more help?" Axel had a dark look on his face as he ran his eyes over my bare legs.

"No, it's okay, I'll be fine," I waved him away. Once I heard the door click closed, I pulled off the gown and took my underwear off. I hobbled over to the shower and turned the knob so the water turned on. The water turned warm a few seconds later and I hopped in.

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms...." I sang with all my heart. I loved singing in the shower. I probably sounded like a screeching cat, but the running water somehow made me sound just like Ed Sheeran.

"Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song," I took a deep breath in to start the next verse when I heard chuckling.

"Nice singing Ems." I immediately froze.

"Aaron?"

"Yea?"

"What in the hell are you doing here?" I slide the shower door open a little bit and stuck my head out so that he could see how angry I was.

"I wanted to stay close," he blew me a kiss with his hand.

"Get out!" I yelled before closing the shower door. 

"No!" he yelled back. "I want to hear your amazing singing."

"Leave or I'll tell everyone the story of how you wet your pants on-"

"I'm leaving!" I heard him shuffle out. I'm so happy that I was there when he peed his pants on the Goliath roller coaster at Six Flags and had to wear a pair of booty shorts that I had in my purse for the rest of the day. I always used the story as leverage whenever he did something that I did not like.

******

When I was finally done with my shower, I grabbed a towel and looked around for my hospital gown. Instead, I saw a T-shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants on top of the toilet lid. It was obviously from one of the guy's, no other person had clothes that big.

The T-shirt fell to my knees, and the sweatpants kept on slipping off, so I just left them off. The T-shirt was longer than most of the dresses I had.

All the guys looked up when I walked in. I threw the sweatpants at Aaron and jumped onto the bed.

"Do you have some pants I can actually fit in?"

"I think we can ask the nurse for some," Blake replied.

"Okay," I sighed and laid back against the bed. "Anyone want to watch some hospital TV with me?" Once I said that, all three guys jumped onto my bed and I was squished between them all. "Can I get some space?" I asked. They didn't seem to hear what I said. I was in the middle Blake was on my right, Axel on my left, and Aaron's head was on my legs.

"Ooooo Blood Diamond!" Blake had grabbed the remote and clicked on HBO.

"Nooooooo," I had watched the movie before, and I did not like it at all. "Let's watch Mean Girls." It was on a different channel.

"Ughhhhh," Aaron groaned. He had watched the movie with me so many times that he could recite some lines from it.

"Come on!" I flicked his head. "I'm the one with an injury, I should get to choose."

"Fine," Blake handed the remote over to me. Axel, Aaron, and Blake had pouts on their faces as I switched channels.

"If you're going to be all pouty, you can leave," I laid back and got comfortable. I laid my head on Axel's shoulder, and, not caring that my wet hair was probably soaking his shirt, he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close.

I realized that, surprisingly, I was enjoying this day at the hospital.

It was like the calm before the storm that was bound to occur when we have to figure out what had happened a few days ago.

******