25- Soup

Recap-

"Shut up!" I pulled Aaron up and softly rubbed the big bruise that was forming on his face. "Are you okay?" I asked quietly.

"I'm fine Ems," he answered.

"Let's get you cleaned up," I gently pushed his shoulder towards the door.

"Baby, I'm so-" Axel started.

"Just stop," I didn't even look back at him.

I could feel how hurt he was, but I was too angry to even care.

******

As we walked down the hallway, Aaron was completely silent. I think he was extremely startled and surprised by what I just did, and had nothing to say. And that meant I did something really crazy, because Aaron always had crap to say.

"Where's your car?" Because I had been stomping my way through the hallways, we had gotten to the parking lot quickly.

"Over there," Aaron pointed to the left side of the lot. "Anyways... aren't you worried that you'll get in trouble for leaving school early?"

"Not concerned about that right now," I covered his mouth with my hand. "Let's just go to my house and chill for the rest of the day."

"Ems, wanting to chill... impossible!" his voice was muffled against my hand.

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes and waited for him to open the car. Aaron unlocked the driver's side door, but when I tried to slip into that seat, he lifted me and moved me away. "Hey! What are you doing?"

"No way in hell you're driving," he huffed.

"What's wrong with my driving?" I didn't have ten thousand traffic tickets and misdemeanors like he did.

"It's so slowwwwwwww," he groaned. "If you drive us, it'll take five hours to get to your house."

"I'm offended," I flicked his chest. "My driving is flawless."

"My driving is flawless," he repeated mockingly.  "Just let me drive."

"Fine," I glared at him as I walked to the other side of the car. "Loser."

"What was that?" he asked.

"You're a loser," I said as I got into his car. "And your car's a mess." I pointed to the various wrappers scattered across his car. He had a Range Rover, but he treated his car like it was a Fiat.

"Ouch," he winced. "Why are you being so bîtchy?"

"Because!" I started. "You had to get punched and because I'll feel guilty if I don't help, I have to take care of you!"

"How is it my fault that I got punched by someone else?!"

"It just is."

"Loser," he sang as he turned into my driveway. "Now you got to cook me some soup for my ouchie."

"I have to cook you soup?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Yes, I love me a homemade chicken soup with carrots, celery-"

"No, I'm not making you soup." I unlocked my front door.

"What?!"

"I'll order some chicken soup."

"Yay!"

"You're paying though."

"Fine, but you have to spoon feed me."

"No."

"But, I'll-"

"No."

"Hey-"

"No."

"Fine," he jumped onto my couch. "Just now that I do all this stuff for you, so appreciate me."

"Okay Aaron."

"You love me."

"Okay Aaron."

"Now, what are we going to do now?"

"Well, I'm going to treat that black eye that you probably have right now." I was looking through the drawers for a first aid kit. 

"What black eye?" Aaron asked.

"The one you probably have from being punched in the face."

"I don't got one."

"Found it!" I pulled out the industrial sized first aid kit and turned around. "What do you mean 'I don't got one?'" I hurried over to him and looked at his face. There weren't any bruises. "What the hell?"

"I don't bruise easily."

"But that's impossible." A punch from guys as huge as Blake and Axel would probably cave someone's face in.

"I think it's possible," Aaron rubbed his eyes. "Where are you ordering soup from?"

"But- why don't you-"

"It's not a big problem Ems." I had no idea why he sounded so defensive. 

"Okay," I just let it go. His explanation sounded shady, but I didn't really want to dwell on it. "Speed dial six and you'll get a place to order from."

"Why do you even have a restaurant on speed dial?"

"Why not?"

"Touché."

******

An hour later, Aaron and I were both nursing steaming bowls of soup while watching the Walking Dead. To be honest, I hated the show, I was a huge baby and couldn't watch it. Zombies freaked me out. Plus, I didn't like shows that killed off so many characters; I only made that exception for Game of Thrones

"I hate eating soup," Aaron mumbled as he lifted his spoon to his lips.

"That's because you're a Neanderthal," I giggled.

"It takes too much time to eat it one spoonful at a time, and it gets everywhere when I try drinking it from the bowl, ridiculous!"

"Then get a bigger spoon."

"That's stup- wait that'll actually work." I rolled my eyes as he hopped off the couch and looked for a bigger spoon. "Got one!" He was holding a ladle, and then he tried to get it in the bowl that his soup was in. The damn ladle was bigger than the bowl, and he was trying to shove it through.

"Just come over here," I gestured him over. Aaron shuffled over and plopped down with his bowl. "Do you want me to feed you, like a wittle baby?" 

"Yep," he handed the bowl over and opened his mouth. He looked like a baby bird waiting for its mother to feed it worms.

"Here ya go," I spooned some soup into his mouth. We probably looked ridiculous.

"More mommy!" he clapped his hands, which shook the couch. I almost spilled the soup.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes.

******

Eventually, Aaron and I both passed out. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep first, because when I finally opened my eyes, I saw that Aaron was practically draped over me. My back was against the couch, and my head was on the arm rest. Aaron had his face nestled against my neck, and his body was on top of mine. It surprisingly was a comfortable position, considering the fact that Aaron was probably crushing me into the couch. 

As I started gazing around the room, trying to figure out a way to push Aaron off of me, I made eye contact with two people at the window. Although it was dark, I could make out their faces very clearly.

Blake and Axel were standing there.  I could see that their eyes were focused on the position that Aaron and I were in, and I could also tell by their expressions that they definitely wanted to punch Aaron again.

Crap.

******