O n e

Alya frantically paced around her room, searching for something in particular. Her thoughts panicked, screaming, Where is my damn phone?! She rummaged through her dresser drawers, her closet, her bed sheets, and nightstand, but she failed to locate her beloved device.

An Akuma attack was occurring outside of her balcony and the blogger didn't desire to miss it because she had to record it for her dedicated LadyBlog viewers. Filming each battle to the best of her abilities proved to be an enormous risk, but she didn't care, she had to continue supplying her audience. Alya had a sudden realization during her trepidation. Oh no, I left it at Marinette's house! The ombré haired girl sprinted downstairs and exited her house, maintaining her speed.

Within a couple of minutes, the breathless female arrived at Marinette's doorstep. She attempted to enter through the bakery only to discover the door was locked. Alya personally found it strange, but she couldn't do anything about it, so she departed from her best friend's house. As painful as it was, she was forced to observe the fight by herself, not for her fans. What was more distressing was the fact that she recognized that Ladybug and Chat Noir were losing their ongoing battle.

"M'Lady, I hope you understand that we're losing— drastically!" The feline swung his baton at the Akumatized villain who dodged his blow with ease. Ladybug, his partner, heard him perfectly, but continued swinging her yo-yo, not giving into Hawkmoth's desires yet.

"I know." The spotted heroine remained surprisingly calm, keeping her defenses in check. She already knew where Akuma was located, but she couldn't reach its position.

"Chat Noir, the Akuma is in his belt!" Ladybug finally announced, seeing that she couldn't grasp the object without her partner's assistance. Chat provided her with a minuscule nod of understanding, pinning down the villain and effortlessly retrieving the belt, snapping it in half for Ladybug.

"Wow, how does Ladybug smoothly turn the tables even if she begins to lose? It's like she can fight without Chat Noir!" Alya commented to herself in awe, admiring how Ladybug immediately purified the Akuma. Chat leaned against a cement wall behind his other half, watching Ladybug as well.

"Miraculous Ladybug!"

The Parisian atmosphere was cleansed thanks to the superheroes; the innocent citizen transformed back from the Akumatized version of himself. "Why am I here? Where am I?"

Ladybug and Chat turned their attention to each other, proceeding with fist-bumping each other as usual. "Pound it. Je t'aime." Ladybug froze hearing what the cat said, looking at him wide-eyed and her bluebell eyes glistening in surprise.

Chat's blush commenced, his act of verbal affection interrupted by the beeping of his Miraculous. "Oh— I guess I gotta take my leave. See you soon, M-M'Lady!" Chat Noir accidentally stuttered as he remained flustered, utilizing his baton to navigate to a secure spot to detransform.

Ladybug dispensed a suspicious glance toward Chat's departure, ultimately shrugging it off. Her Miraculous beeped, indicating she had three more minutes until she detransformed. Sometimes I wish that we could reveal our identities and I wish Chat Noir knew that as well. I hope he understands it's nothing personal. With that concluding thought, the superheroine zipped away with her yo-yo.

Alya looked away from her idol and facepalmed herself. "Can't Ladybug acknowledge that Chat Noir truly loves her?" Alya muttered to herself, beginning to walk home.

Adrien detransformed in an alleyway, Plagg flying safely into his arms. The teenage model sighed, looking upward to notice Ladybug speeding away. He thought with a saddened smile,

Only if I knew her identity.