T w o

The following day was an important day at school because it was dress as your favorite superhero day. Marinette had a sleepless night, spending every hour she possibly could working on her Chat Noir costume. She constructed her's simply, as it was consisting of fabric, and if she was honest with herself, it appeared precisely like Chat Noir's attire except a female version.

Adrien Agreste, on the other hand, searched for a blackened sweatshirt in his wardrobe, utilizing a green permanent marker to messily sketch a green paw on it. Next he located a pair of black jeans laying on his bedroom floor, using them as Chat Noir's pants. Following that, he discovered a dark belt settled in the depths of his closet, wrapping it around his jeans, and allowing the remaining belt piece to dangle from his raven colored denim. Lastly, he made cat ears and a mask out of construction paper, scribbling them black, finally completing his costume.

——————————

At school..

Marinette walked into her homeroom, stunned by what she observed. She noticed everyone except for herself were dressed in Ladybug costumes, or so she assumed. She flicked her bluebell gaze, seeing someone rather different, yet no sight of Adrien. Is Chat Noir actually here? The bluenette pondered as she began walking towards the mysterious cosplayer.

Marinette got a closer look, realizing that it was actually Adrien. Huh, I never realized how much Adrien looks like Chat, she acknowledged with slight suspicion.

"Oh, h-hey, A-Adrien!" Marinette stuttered, mentally facepalming herself. I wish I could stop stuttering in front of Adrien; I bet he already thinks I'm a klutz!

"Hey, Marinette! I noticed the costume you're wearing, it looks amazing on you." The teenage model gave a nod of approval, complementing the girl with a genuine smile.

"T-Thanks! I handmade it— myself! Yeah, by myself!" Marinette laughed nervously, flailing her arms around as she unintentionally exaggerated her movements in an attempt to recover her stuttering conflict.

"Cool," Adrien retained his smile, wrapping an arm around her. "I also think you would make a cute Ladybug, but that's just my opinion." As he commented his judgement, the aspiring fashion designer felt blush creeping onto her cheeks.

Suddenly, the bell rang, commencing class and saving Marinette from becoming a blushing disaster. Everyone took their seats and Ms. Bustier, their homeroom teacher, arrived and surveyed everyone in their superhero costumes.

"Ah, so I see the majority of you chose Ladybug." The teacher's eyes traveled around the room, admiring each student's effort put into their costumes. "Meanwhile, Marinette and Adrien," Ms. Bustier paused, squinting at the duo. "Chose Chat Noir?"

The two nodded. "Yes, ma'am," they replied in sync, Marinette refraining from blushing once again. Ms. Bustier nodded approvingly as she took the remote presented on her desk, turning on the projector. "Today, we're going to be watching the most memorable moments of Ladybug and Chat Noir." The class cheered, displaying their excitement for their favorite superheroes.

"Ladybug, look around." The feline superhero commenced, gesturing Ladybug to Chloé, a spoiled mayor's daughter that she saved. "If you weren't there, she would have been dead."

"True." Ladybug provided a minuscule nod to her partner, Chat responding by putting a hand on her shoulder. "I believe in you," he whispered. "Show them the best you can be."

Ladybug's frown faded away, a confident grin overtaking her facial expression. "You're right, Chat Noir." The crowd around the spotted heroine gasped as the face of Hawkmoth appeared from swarming butterflies.

"Hello, Ladybug and Chat Noir, I'm Hawkmoth. I'm your worst enemy that you two will forever fear." The face smirked as Ladybug narrowed her eyes.

"I will not allow you to hurt these citizens!" Ladybug declared as she whipped Hawkmoth's facial expression with her yo-yo until the butterflies dispersed. When she finished, she landed perfectly, looking at Chat and winking at him.

Chat smiled, mentally praising Ladybug's actions. "Whoever is under that mask, I love that girl." Adrien blushed at the iconic line while the remainder of the classroom 'awed,'  Ms. Bustier playing the next moment without hesitation. The blond haired boy's thoughts began circulating again, his desire to know Ladybug's identity growing stronger.

I want to find out who that girl is soon, I hope I can. Besides that, I will forever keep my promise.