F o u r

"Miraculous Ladybug!" The spotted heroine yelled, cleansing the city with her magical ladybugs, leaving no remaining messes. After she finished, she heard her partner's Miraculous beep for the fourth time, indicating he only had a minute until he detransformed. "Uh, Chat Noir?"

The feline turned his attention to his partner, a cheeky grin stretched across his lips. "Yes, M'Lady?"

"Your Miraculous." She tapped his flashing ring, giving him a gentle push, forcing him to move backwards. "You don't want to reveal your identity this soon, do you?"

Chat reluctantly launched his staff onto the sidewalk. "As much as I'd love to, I know you'd be unhappy with me if I did." He focused on his ring, suddenly realizing that he only had a few seconds remaining. He speedily navigated on his baton to what he considered a sheltered area, which was the main alleyway he used to detransform. Come on, Chat! You gotta make it, you gotta make it! His thoughts raced along with his heartbeat, releasing a sigh of relief once he landed on the ground.

Not too far away from where Chat was positioned, Alya noticed the superhero detransforming midair, so she sprinted toward the alleyway she assumed he was heading to. She couldn't miss an immense opportunity even if it was a strange coincidence. Her assumption was correct and she arrived in the alleyway to witness the last of Chat's transformation wearing off, gasping at the person she saw.

Adrien's transformation had fully disappeared and his kwami landed in the palms of his hands. "Well, that was a close call." He grinned, Plagg quickly nodding and flying into one of his jacket pockets.

"Plagg, why are you hiding?" Adrien frowned, taking off his jacket and rummaging his dominant hand in his pockets for his kwami. "Why won't you speak to me? Is something—" he paused, glancing around to see what could've caused Plagg to seek shelter. Once he completely turned around, he saw Alya staring at him in awe.

"A-Alya..?" Adrien questioned in a dreadfully surprised tone. "D-Did you see all of it..?" Adrien squeezed his eyes shut, hoping she only saw him and his kwami. Oh, Adrien, you screwed yourself up, buddy! What is father going to say about this? His thoughts whirled, making himself overwhelmed.

"From when you flew into the alleyway to when your transformation wore off. I saw all of it," she smirked in satisfaction with a slowed nod. Adrien's shock lingered and he desired to escape as soon as he could.

"Er— I gotta go! See you at school!" Adrien attempted to run past the ombré haired girl, but she yanked his arm and he fell onto the ground. "Oh no you don't, Mr. Agreste. You've got a ton of explaining to do."

After a couple of minutes passed of Adrien explaining how he received the Miraculous and concealing his identity from everyone else, Alya entirely understood his struggles. If she had to be honest with herself, Alya was mentally fangirling.

"Truthfully, I don't really feel comfortable telling you all of this." Adrien confessed, uneasily shifting a few feet away from her. If she shares this on her LadyBlog, I'm doomed.

"Don't worry," she provided a gentle smile, looking into his jade green gaze. "I won't share any of this on my LadyBlog." Adrien's worried facial expression transforms into a slightly relieved smile.

"Thank you so much." He pulled her into a hug, Alya returning the favor as she hugged him back. "Anytime, friend," she replied, pulling away from their embrace.

"I didn't realize how desperately I needed to get that off my chest," Adrien admitted, beginning to walk away from his classmate. "I feel so much better now that I told you that and as long as you promise not to tell anyone, I'm fine with you knowing." Before he fully exited the alleyway, he shouted, "See you tomorrow!"

Alya waved at the teenage model, maintaining her smile. Once he was out of the vicinity, she entered her thoughts again, pondering multiple ideas that lingered. She knew this was the beginning of something extraordinary, she felt a big alliance could form if she and Adrien worked together.

Perhaps she was onto something.