Death Hurts

*Cas's POV*

"I could've brought them back, right? I fixed you so I should've been able to bring them back to life?" She asked, gazing up at me, tears still rolling down her cheeks. I shook my head.

"You wouldn't of been able to do anything to save them, you may have brought me back to normal but you can't bring someone back from the dead." I placed my arm around her shoulders, trying to comfort her. She didn't answer, the silence was deafening between us. Eventually it was broken by the sound of sirens rushing past mine and Dean's house.

(a/n I actually heard sirens while typing that haha. Okay, carry on.)

My phone buzzed with a text. I looked down at it to see who it was from. Dean.

"You might want to come down to the bar, your father was just being put into an ambulance on a stretcher.." My eyes widened. I didn't even reply, just stood up quickly.

"Madi, something happened to dad, let's go!" I said, rushing towards the door. Her eyes went wide as well as she followed me. We ran down all the side streets, taking short cuts to get to the bar. I saw Dean's car parked but no ambulances. "Where'd the ambulances go?" I huffed, out of breath.

"They left a minute after I texted you. Your dad.." Dean started. "They said that they didn't know if he would make it. I don't know what happened but he looked pretty messed up." Dean said, looking down. You could tell he didn't like to be the bearer of bad news.

"Well, what are you guys waiting for, let's go to the hospital!" Madi said, rushing towards Dean's car. We all got in, Sam in the shotgun while I sat in the back, trying to comfort Madisyn. She's hurt enough knowing she couldn't save our mother and brother, now we might lose our father as well. The corners Dean took were sharp as we sped towards the emergency room. He pulled into the parking lot but me and Madisyn didn't even wait for Dean to park before we opened the door and ran out.

--------

I parked my car and got out quickly along with Sam and ran after Cas and Madi. I opened the doors and saw them at the front desk.

"Hello, how may I assist you?" The receptionist asked, over politely.

"We're here to see Nicholas Novak. He was just emitted a few minutes ago." Cas said, impatiently.

"I'm afraid I can't let you see him at the moment, he's undergoing observations." She spoke, calmly.

"I heard that he might not make it, it that true?!" Cas said, almost screaming.

"Who are you to Nicholas?" She asked, avoiding the question.

"His son now answer my question!" He yelled. I could see his face getting red, I've never seen him so angry. Madisyn has tear staining her face.

"Castiel?" The receptionist asked.

"Yes. Tell me if it's true or not!" Her eyes went wide along with the rest of us.

"I'm not sure, you will have to ask the first responders that brought him here." She said, wide eyed, clearly scared. I would be too, knowing that you pissed off a nice person would terrify me.

"Well, where are they?!" He said, trying to calm his temper.

"I'm afraid they're in with him so you will have to wait. If you could fill out this form and take a seat, that'd b-."

"I don't have time to fill out forms. My sister and I are scared to death and you're telling me to sit down like a bitch and answer pointless questions!" He screamed, inching closer to the desk. The receptionist lifted the phone and dialed some numbers.

"Security?" She said, giving Cas a nasty look. He rolled his eyes but stayed in place. Two big men came out and asked what the problem was. "Please escort this man out, he's causing a disturbance."

"I wouldn't be causing such a disturbance if you would just let me see him!" He yelled as the men held his arms and led him to the door. Sam, Madisyn, and I just followed, dazed on what just happened.

"Cas, it'll be okay. We'll be able to see him in a little while, don't worry." Madi said, trying to calm him.

"Your sister's right Cas, it's better to stay calm." I said, agreeing with Madi.

"Dean?" Cas asked.

"Yeah?" I looked up at him, he stopped pacing.

"Can I talk to you in private for a minute?" I nodded and followed him off to the side. "Madisyn just found out today that Gabe and our mother died, the angel inside her knew, she didn't. I want to stay calm for her sake but we might lose our father as well then she'd have nobody but me left. I don't want her to live in a house for orphans if he does die." Cas said, letting a few tear fall from his eyes. I brought him into a supportive embrace.

"Don't worry, if anything does happen, she could live with us. We would just have to be quieter." I said, trying to make him smile. I felt his cheeks move and he smiled but it quickly went away. "Are you ready to go back in there and wait?" I asked. He took a deep breath.

"I suppose." Cas sighed, wiping his tears.

----------

I watched as Dean and Cas came back over to us, hand-in-hand. They opened the door and went up to the front desk.

"I'd like those forms please." Cas said, trying to stay calm. The receptionist didn't say a word but handed them and a pen to Cas and went back to whatever she was doing. I felt tears still falling down my face.

"Don't worry, Madi, he'll be fine." Sam said, taking my hand in his. I gave him a half smile but let it fade. A man came out from the one of the doors in the hallway and went towards the receptionist then looked around the room.

"Madelyn Novak?" He asked.

"It's Madisyn.." I said, standing up. I looked over to Cas who had a worried look on his face but stood up as well.

"Your father.. I'm sorry, we couldn't do anything to save him. He passed away a few minutes ago." My mind shattered, first my mother and big brother and now my father?! I fell to my knees letting the tears rush down my face. He might've been a dick to Castiel but he didn't deserve to die. I didn't even get to say goodbye to him.

"Oh my god." Cas said softly and sat beside me, tears falling down his face too. I buried my face into his chest, sobbing uncontrollably. "There, there. It'll be okay." Cas mumbled into my hair.

(I said that you might cry in this chapter. I cried writing it to be quite honest. Um.. Thank you for the 80 reads on the last chapter, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't really like it, judging by the number of votes. I hope you like this one, I tried hard on it. I LOVE YOU ALL! <3 c; )