Three Months and Counting

After the funeral and the after service, Madi went to see Sam and Cas and I went home. I took off my coat and hung it up next to Cas's. I turned around expecting to see him standing there but I heard the bedroom door shut and a few muffled sobs. I sighed and bit my lip softly, I hated when Cas was upset. I undid my tie slightly and grabbed a beer from the fridge. I decided to call my dad, he's probably want to talk to someone.

----------

I put my head in my hands and rocked slowly on the heels of my feet. My hair felt greasy so I decided to take a shower. I grabbed some baggy sweatpants and an old t-shirt. As soon as I opened the door, I saw Dean turn to look at me, he was on the phone. I mouthed shower to him, grabbed a towel from the closet and went into the bathroom. I turned on the vent and water before I began to strip from my suit. I stepped into the shower and instantly my muscles relaxed from the warm water. I savored the feeling for a few minutes before actually starting to bathe. I washed my hair first and then my body. I felt hands wrap around my waist and I spun around quickly to see Dean standing there with a smirk.

"Don't sneak up on me like that, I could've hurt you." I said with a pout. He laughed.

"You could never hurt me." He said before pressing a kiss to my jaw. He managed to get under the hot water, pushing me out from the warmth. Dean laughed as I stuck my tongue out at him, grabbed my towel and got out. As soon as I was dressed, I walked out of the bathroom and the cool air bit my face. I decided to read a book considering the was never anything good to watch on TV besides the occasional time good movies came on. I grabbed my copy of The Hobbit and began reading. I got about three pages in when an idea struck. Dean walked out of the bathroom and tapped my shoulder while I was thinking about my idea.

"Hey, follow me, okay?" Dean said, gently taking the book from my hand. I nodded slightly and followed. This was the perfect time to go with my plan.

----------

I took Cas' hand in mine as we walked to the front door.

"Put your shoes on. Don't ask questions though." I smiled as his face showed obvious confusion. I grabbed my keys from the table as he pulled his shoes on. Cas opened his mouth to speak but I shushed him. "No questions." He pouted but nodded. We walked out to the Impala and got in. After about fifteen minutes of driving, we arrived at our destination. His eyes widened as soon as he realized where I brought us.

"T-This is the first place we met.." I smiled and nodded. Cas got out and put his hands to his mouth. I followed him and put my arm around his waist. He turned and flung his arms around me. "I didn't think you remembered.. Dean, you have no idea how much this means to me." He mumbled into my neck.

"Well I figured I had to do something special in celebration of staying together for three months." I said. Cas pulled away and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Dean, I love you." Cas said, brushing tears from the brim of his eyes.

"I love you, too. But this is only part of the surprise." I turned back to the Impala, put in the cassette, and pressed play.

"And I'd give up forever to touch you

'Cause I know that you feel me somehow

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

And I don't wanna go home right now." Cas' eyes widened once again. I smiled and sat with him on the roof of the car. I wrapped my arms around him and began to hum the words into his ear. Once the song ended, Cas spoke.

"Dean, I had an idea to surprise you but it would never compare to yours." I cocked my head.

"What was it?" He shook his head.

"Doesn't matter, What matters is that I have you and Madi. That's all I need in my life." I nodded and pressed a kiss to his forehead. I never want to lose Castiel.

(Hello! Oh my god, I'm so so so so sorry for not updating for a while, things were going on and I got caught up with my other fanfic, I had a concussion, went through some bad stuff but hey, I updated. Sorry if this chapter is short, the next chapter will be longer and have smut so there's that. Any who, I LOVE YOU ALL!!! <3 c;)