14.

"Ramsey! Can you come here for a second?" My coach called after I failed to score yet another goal. I was losing my focus and nothing seemed to be going right today.

"Yeah?" I asked after jogging over to the women with a tight ponytail and coaching uniform on. I already knew what she was going to say and I didn't want to hear it. I was already dealing with enough family drama at home I didn't need a coach coming in and telling me that I was sucking it up on the field as well.

"Are you alright? You're missing your passes and goals... I just want to make sure everything is okay." She put her hand on my shoulder just as I moved my gaze to the ground upon hearing what she had to say.

Wiping the sweat from my forehead I looked up and began to respond, "I'm fine, just a little tired. I'm sorry I will try to do better."

"You know you can tell me anything right? I am someone you can trust Kendall, if there is anything going on at home or-"

"I said I'm fine!" I snapped surprising myself from how harsh it all sounded. "Can I get back to practice now?"

"Go ahead." Coach nodded as I then jogged back to the field where Blair came running up next to me as I got back into the game.

"What did Miranda want?" Blair asked puffing out breaths as we ran around the field tracking the ball.

"Just making sure I am okay I guess. I have no doubt she saw the Gigi blast a few days ago." I kicked the ball into my possession and ran down the field with it keeping my coordination perfect as I then went to kick and make a score. Kicking it with as much power as I had I watched and saw the ball move into the goalies hands before she then threw it back out onto the field.

"What the hell?!" I screamed out frustrated just as the whistle blew from our coach. Tilting my head back and walking with Blair to the coach she put her arm around my shoulder.

"Ken it's alright! It's just a practice!" Blair tried as I walked in silence, upset about my performance on the field today.

Once the coach had wrapped up our practice I walked to grab my bag just as I saw Harry come jogging over. His arms moving back and forth at his sides when he finally reached me.

"How is Queen K? I didn't receive a funeral invite and judging by seeing you here I'm glad you made it out alive." Harry said as I slung my bag over my shoulder.

"At this point death would have been a courtesy. I can't talk I have to get home." I said walking away from Harry, leaving him behind me.

"Kendall!" Harry called running up behind me with his bag slouched on his shoulder.

I could see my mothers car in the parking lot as she waited for me. She hadn't trusted me enough with Blair brining me home on time so that had resulted in her picking me up from practice for the next two weeks.

"I have to go Harry." I dismissed him walking quicker to my moms car that was parked front and center.

"Kendall what's wrong?" Harry asked me grabbing my wrist and pulling me to face him.

"I don't want to get into it. I'm fine." I blinked slowly hoping that doing so it would help to hide my tears.

"You're not fine." Harry insisted as I gazed down at his hand wrapped around my wrist like a watch.

"Well it's not like I haven't faked anything before right?" I spoke turning my head to walk away as my mom's face came into a more clear view.

Making my way into the car I shut the door and watched Harry disappear as the car moved away towards my prison I was supposed to call home.

+

"How was practice today Kendall?" My father asked as we sat down to one of our famous Ramsey household dinners.

"It was fine." I responded poking at my food. I had lost my appetite just looking at my mother who made sure she always looks perfect in front of everyone. I hated these dinner more then anything.

"I saw you talking to Harry in the field today, what were you two conversing about?" My mother barged in anyways wanting to be in my business.

"Why does it matter to you? Oh that's right, it could damage my reputation." I rolled my eyes pushing around a piece of broccoli on my plate.

"Kendall, I'm not starting this with you." My mother tried to keep a steady tone as she picked up a piece of food from her plate.

"Of course you're not starting anything, typical Diane Ramsey. Everything is always perfect!" I slammed my fork down onto my plate standing up to leave the table.

"Kendall you sit down right now!" My father shouted when I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why do you always ruin family dinner Ken? You know your little outbursts are getting old." Kayla piped in arching her brow as my cheeks rose with a red tint.

"You know what Kayla, you being a constant bitch is getting old. This whole dollhouse persona is getting old!" I raised my arms utterly frustrated about all of this. I had so many bottled up emotions I could barely even breathe anymore.

"Hey you watch your language!" My mother shouted evoking tears from Sammie who sat next to my dad.

"How can you sit there and pretend that everything is okay? I'm not okay! And you can't even see that." Tears brimmed my eyes before falling down into my cheeks that were burning a rosy color.

Turning my back I walked away from the table of the shallows. I couldn't stand to look at any of them any longer.

My mother, the culprit of the facade. The women who refused to see that we wasn't as perfect as she made our family out to be. The women who failed to see that her own daughter was hurting for love that she never received. She was as strict as she was cold.

My father, a man who didn't have a leg to stand on. He was too afraid of his wife to ever stand up for himself or any of us. He let her rule over the house while he was someone she pushed to the side behind the scenes. He was merely an object to show off to her.

Kayla, my sister that was begging for the attention of our parents. She was madly jealous of me because I received most of my parents attention despite it always being negative. She begged for someone to truly see her and because I took up my parents attention she hated me for it.

As for Sammie, she only lived to please my mother and father. Doing everything she could go seek their approval.

My family was less then perfect yet my mother would never admit to that. She wouldn't let anyone peek through the curtain because if they did, they would see the truth. I was living in a dollhouse and I couldn't stand it any longer.

note// Poor Kendall! What do you think about Kendall's home life? Do you think she has the right to "act out" like her mom says?