24.

What is cuter than K and H together? K and H holding puppies together! Despite skipping class H and K look like they are enjoying themselves while holding the little cuties! Tell us who you ship, Zendall or Hendall. We know who we want to see together!

Yours Truly, Gigi

"You and your friend Harry seem to fancy each other." Zayn said to me as I laid out on a lawn chair soaking in the sun. Today was one of those teacher development days which meant none of the students needed to go to school.

"He's my friend." I corrected Zayn even though deep down I knew there was a little something more between us. There was a certain serge that ran through me when I was around Harry.

"Not to pry but I think you and Harry are a little more than just friends." Zayn pulled weeds from our flower beds just as I sat up and slid my shades off my eyes.

"You've been reading Gigi, haven't you?" I questioned him. He avoided all eye contact as he continued to pull the stubborn weeds from their roots.

"Kendall I don't know if you know this but I like you but if you're into another guy than I don't want to have to compete for your attention." Zayn explained looking up at me as if he were on the verge of frustration.

I had only really been seeing Zayn for a good month and a half. I liked Zayn I did, with all the places he would show me to the way he always kept me wanting more. I did feel something for Zayn, just not in the same way I felt for Harry.

"Answer me this," I started a little caught off guard by Zayn's confession. "Am I worth fighting for? Do you like me that much that you are willing to fight for me?"

Sighing deeply he sat in silence letting the question resonate with him. Waiting for his thought to come to him before he spoke, "Are you worth fighting for, yes." He answered but went back. "But even if I did fight for you, I don't think I would ever win you over if your mind is already made."

My irritated mood depressed when I heard this. My gaze steady on Zayn as I provoked him with my silence to go on.

"I could fight all I want to Kendall but I know you like Harry. In the last two times I have planned something you have canceled because Harry or your friends needed you. You are a great girl from what I have gotten to see but I don't think you would have ever been mine from the way you talk about Harry. You don't talk about me the way you do Harry and that's okay but don't tell me he is just your friend." Zayn explained calmly. With Zayn coming clean about all his hidden feelings I started to feel bad about it all. I thought it would be fun to date someone as mysterious as Zayn but I learned quickly that in our short time I didn't know much about him. He never really liked to open up to me, it was hard to get to know him.

"I ummm..." I stutter not knowing completely what to say to that. He was right, I had canceled our plans for Harry. I was willing to do anything for Harry and that wasn't the same between Zayn and I. "I care about you Zayn but do you know how hard it is when I'm the only person in the relationship opening up about my life? I have been trying to get to know you for a month and a half and I still don't know how many siblings you have or what your parents names are because you don't tell me anything. This is a two way street and it takes two to tango."

"I understand I can be difficult to get to know and I see where we both went wrong. I think you liked the idea of me and I liked the idea of you but we don't mesh. I want different things than you and that's okay. Maybe we are better off as just friends." Zayn explained wiping a drop of sweat from his brow.

"I would like that very much." I nodded, glad that things between Zayn and I didn't end in a messy breakup. Although I don't know if you could say we were dating either. Zayn took me out a handful of times but he never told me that we were officially together. "I don't want anything to be weird between us because I really do like and care about you."

"Likewise, you are a fun girl to hang out with Kendall Ramsey." Zayn nodded with a slight grin while we went back to picking weeds out from out of the ground.

"Your not so bad yourself, I still remember the night you took me to look out mountain or whatever. I've never seen something so beautiful." I complimented thinking back to the city bustling beneath our feet as we looked out to the glittering lights against the cotton candy sky.

"Yeah it's a place of solace for me." Zayn told me going back to tending to the yards needs.

"I wish I had a place like that, a place I can go where I can go to feel peace but wherever I go; trouble isn't far behind." I admitted wondering why trouble was my partner in crime all the time. It didn't matter if I were sitting doing homework, trouble would somehow get me into something worthy of my mother screaming at me.

"I know, I can tell." Zayn said wiping his brow of sweat causing me to sit up.

"How so?" I questioned wondering what outsiders like him saw looking in on my wildly inaccurate family life my mother did her best to portray.

"I mean I don't know your family at all but from what I gather over hearing from back here.... you and your mother have a strained relationship." Zayn admitted taking a small break while be began talking about what he observed.

"Strained is an understatement." I began trying to come up with a word that would better suit my mother and I'd relationship. "She only cares about our families persona, about how other will perceive me. It just gets really old really fast."

"I can only image." Zayn said coming to sit on my lawn chair towards the edge. Moving to sit right next to him the weight shifted to the edge causing the chair to tip forward.

Letting out a little squeak I found myself on top of Zayn from the chair tipping. Briefly making eye contact I felt my bikini clad body up against his chest that was partly revealed from his unbuttoned red flannel. Looking down to his chest I pushed myself up off of him feeling embarrassed about the entire situation.

"Oh god!" I said trying to push myself up and off of him. "This is awkward!" I whispered being so close to Zayn's face.

In the heat of the moment I didn't realize what I was doing completely. With no second thought I pressed my lips up against his and felt him kiss me back. We had just barely had a conversation that we were nothing more then good friends and here I was kissing him! I was convinced I had some serious issues to sort out.

"I thought we were only friends?" A smile curled up on his lips causing heat to rise to my cheeks, tinting them a rose color.

"We are, I thought for old times sake?" That came out more of a question then anything else. Again my body stayed pressed against Zayn's which made our close proximity even worse in my case. Getting the strength to push myself up I stood to my feet and took a deep breath as Zayn stood over my height.

"You are crazy Kendall Ramsey." Zayn said shaking his head and scratching the back of his neck with a smirk. Turning to tend back to his work I shrugged.

"So I have been told."

Uh Oh K, it looks like you may have had a spectator or two...