Chapter 6

"Catherine, get up, now!" Zinnia yelled, shaking the sleeping she-wolf.

Catherine shot up in her bed, furrowing her eyebrows when she saw a panicking Zinnia. She didn't have time to ask any questioned when she was suddenly yanked out of her bed. She yelled at her friend, but she was soon being shoved out the apartment door. Zinnia didn't stop until they reached the outside, Catherine gasped when she saw thousands of wolves fighting. Rogues flooded the town, destroying anything they could get their teeth on. 

"Come on, we need to go to the packhouse!" Zinnia shouted over the commotion.

Catherine clenched her jaw, "No, I'll take you to the packhouse, but I'm fighting."

"But Catherine, you-

"I'm an alpha, Zin, I'm not going to sit back and watch these mutts kill innocents." Catherine growled.

Zinnia nodded, knowing she couldn't argue with an alpha. Catherine grabbed Zinnia's hand and started dragging her through the town, shoving rogues out of her way. Zinnia screamed when a rogue lunged at them, but his blood was soon on the ground as Catherine slit his throat. She didn't stop to look at her first victim, instead, she continued protecting her friend. Once Zinnia was inside the house and safe, Catherine shifted. A small, light brown rogue, immediately stopped when she saw Catherine's large wolf. Catherine bared her teeth and gabbed the rogue by its throat, with one shake, its neck snapped. She threw the limp body aside and continued to fight. 

Two hours passed by before the rogues ran, but it was very few of them. Catherine shook out the blood from her fur, disgusted by the mutts. She turned around when she heard a small growl of pain, her brown eyes immediately found a black wolf. She tilted her head, his whole body was black except for a white star on his chest and his one back paw was white. When the wolf looked up, their eyes connected and their worlds stopped. Catherine barked as she ran over to Xavier, sniffing him. He looked at her with confusion, but Catherine knew once he was fine, she was going to have a huge lecture. He growled softly, as if scolding her for fighting. She rolled her eyes before licking the wound on his back leg, trying to help her mate heal. 

Xavier nudged her before motioning towards a warrior who was holding up clothes. Catherine immediately grabbed shorts and a large shirt before running back over to her mate. Once they were both shifted and clothed, Catherine went to help him. 

"I'm fine." Xavier mumbled as he limped towards the packhouse.

Catherine frowned at his thigh, it was torn open and spilling blood, but she didn't argue. Instead, she grabbed him by his ear and started dragging him towards the infirmary.

"Ow! Woman, stop it!" Xavier whined.

"Your thigh has a hole in it, dumbass! You are not fine!" she scolded. 

"Why were you fighting anyway? I wanted you to be safe." he snapped.

She glared at him, "And watch thousands of rogue slaughter innocent packmembers? Right, just let me sit back and relax." she scoffed.

He frowned, "You care for this pack?"

She sighed, "You guys took me in without putting me through a trial. I owe you my life." 

"No, you don't owe us anything. You're my mate and their Luna." 

"But they don't know that." 

Xavier kept quiet and allowed his mate to drag him to the doctor. 

A/N: I know, it's short, but I'm tired. 

Guysssss

My birthday is in a few minutes!!!